Buck Turgidson

Default Tiger Foam

Anyone ever use the Slow-Rise Tiger Foam to insulate a wall cavity? I
have new windows/casing, crown molding, etc, and I really don't want to
pull off the drywall. The drywall is attached to cinderblock via
furring strips.

Are there any fire code concerns with this?

Edwin Pawlowski

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
Anyone ever use the Slow-Rise Tiger Foam to insulate a wall cavity? I
have new windows/casing, crown molding, etc, and I really don't want to
pull off the drywall. The drywall is attached to cinderblock via
furring strips.

Are there any fire code concerns with this?

..

I'm not familiar with that particular brand, but this past fall I used about
20 cans sealing up cracks in an old warehouse building.

Don't over fill. It will expand with some force. Give it a shot and wait to
see how well it does. If it does go beyond, leave it set a bit and then cut
the excess off.

Wear gloves and an old long sleeved shirt. Don't think that "I'm only doing
this one spot, I'll be careful" It takes a couple of weeks to wear off your
skin, never comes out of the clothing.

No, it is made for insulation and must meet all the codes for flame spread.

Expanding foam and UV Pecanfan UK diy 12 January 19th 05 10:21 PM
Urethane foam - any differences in Rob Patrick Home Repair 4 March 7th 04 04:03 AM
LP tank valve removal UPDATE Serial # 19781010 Metalworking 99 December 5th 03 03:14 PM
Solvent for removing gummy packing foam? DeepDiver Metalworking 3 November 6th 03 05:39 PM
Screwfix gun grade expanding foam James Hart UK diy 1 August 11th 03 03:01 PM