DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tiger Foam (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/108744-tiger-foam.html)

Buck Turgidson June 2nd 05 01:08 PM

Tiger Foam

Anyone ever use the Slow-Rise Tiger Foam to insulate a wall cavity? I
have new windows/casing, crown molding, etc, and I really don't want to
pull off the drywall. The drywall is attached to cinderblock via
furring strips.

Are there any fire code concerns with this?

Edwin Pawlowski June 3rd 05 12:37 AM

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
Anyone ever use the Slow-Rise Tiger Foam to insulate a wall cavity? I
have new windows/casing, crown molding, etc, and I really don't want to
pull off the drywall. The drywall is attached to cinderblock via
furring strips.

Are there any fire code concerns with this?

..

I'm not familiar with that particular brand, but this past fall I used about
20 cans sealing up cracks in an old warehouse building.

Don't over fill. It will expand with some force. Give it a shot and wait to
see how well it does. If it does go beyond, leave it set a bit and then cut
the excess off.

Wear gloves and an old long sleeved shirt. Don't think that "I'm only doing
this one spot, I'll be careful" It takes a couple of weeks to wear off your
skin, never comes out of the clothing.

No, it is made for insulation and must meet all the codes for flame spread.