Purple Moose

Default Amarr garage doors?

Anyone have one of these? If so, how's the quality?

--
Purple Moose
Remove the dash to reply

Andy Asberry

On Mon, 23 May 2005 05:20:29 GMT, Purple Moose
wrote:

Anyone have one of these? If so, how's the quality?

I am very satisfied with mine. I believe it was the best value for the
money. It is insulated; metal/foam/vinyl. They also come
metal/foam/metal. I'm buying 2 more for my shop.

Start with the basics. Metal thickness (gauge). Galvanized? Quality of
paint. As someone else said, if you won't be satisfied with less
features, don't be cheap now.
Purple Moose

Andy Asberry wrote in
:

Start with the basics. Metal thickness (gauge). Galvanized? Quality of
paint. As someone else said, if you won't be satisfied with less
features, don't be cheap now.

We also looked at the Wayne Dalton. It seemed to me that even though the WD
had foamed-in insulation, the outside skin was thin and they don't quote a
guage. We're buying metal-foam-metal in either case. The WD quote is $2100
and the Amarr is $2600 (double door & single door). Same Liftmaster opener.

--

Purple Moose
Remove the dash to reply
Andy Asberry

On Tue, 24 May 2005 03:11:59 GMT, Purple Moose
wrote:

Andy Asberry wrote in
:

Start with the basics. Metal thickness (gauge). Galvanized? Quality of
paint. As someone else said, if you won't be satisfied with less
features, don't be cheap now.

We also looked at the Wayne Dalton. It seemed to me that even though the WD
had foamed-in insulation, the outside skin was thin and they don't quote a
guage. We're buying metal-foam-metal in either case. The WD quote is $2100
and the Amarr is $2600 (double door & single door). Same Liftmaster opener.

My 12 foot was $495 three years ago with a Genie opener. I don't know
if the rising cost of metal has caused the price to go up that much.
It has just about doubled the cost of material for my shop since I
first checked 2 years ago.

Andy Asberry

On Wed, 25 May 2005 04:20:50 GMT, Purple Moose
wrote:

Andy Asberry wrote in
:

My 12 foot was $495 three years ago with a Genie opener. I don't know
if the rising cost of metal has caused the price to go up that much.
It has just about doubled the cost of material for my shop since I
first checked 2 years ago.

I'm sure that didn't include teardown of the old doors, disposal and
installation of the new one. I'm also in So Cal. Everything is more
expensive here.

I'm sorry. That $495 did not include the opener. It was another $200.
You're right. It was a self install.