Andy Asberry

On Tue, 24 May 2005 03:11:59 GMT, Purple Moose
wrote:

Andy Asberry wrote in
:

Start with the basics. Metal thickness (gauge). Galvanized? Quality of
paint. As someone else said, if you won't be satisfied with less
features, don't be cheap now.

We also looked at the Wayne Dalton. It seemed to me that even though the WD
had foamed-in insulation, the outside skin was thin and they don't quote a
guage. We're buying metal-foam-metal in either case. The WD quote is $2100
and the Amarr is $2600 (double door & single door). Same Liftmaster opener.

My 12 foot was $495 three years ago with a Genie opener. I don't know
if the rising cost of metal has caused the price to go up that much.
It has just about doubled the cost of material for my shop since I
first checked 2 years ago.