DennisZerillo

Default Keeping hardwoods looking new

I have a beautiful, multi-level home that I just refinished all the
hardwood floors in. Not only are there a lot of levels, but each room
is fairly small. My standard, upright vacuum cleaner keeps marking up
the walls every time I attempt to move it from room to room, not to
mention that it's a pain to maneuver it around! With all the dust that
collects, I NEED to clean the floors often- can anyone suggest any other
appliances I can use to keep the new finish "new??"

G Henslee

DennisZerillo wrote:
I have a beautiful, multi-level home that I just refinished all the
hardwood floors in.

Then you should be able to afford a house cleaner to come in once a week.
Goedjn

On Tue, 17 May 2005 20:59:06 GMT, DennisZerillo
wrote:

I have a beautiful, multi-level home that I just refinished all the
hardwood floors in. Not only are there a lot of levels, but each room
is fairly small. My standard, upright vacuum cleaner keeps marking up
the walls every time I attempt to move it from room to room, not to
mention that it's a pain to maneuver it around! With all the dust that
collects, I NEED to clean the floors often- can anyone suggest any other
appliances I can use to keep the new finish "new??"

A broom? More seriously, is the vacume marking up the walls
when you're carrying it from place to place, or when you're
trying to use it? If the latter, why isn't your baseboard
taking the hits? That's what it's for.

Curly Sue

wrote:

I have a beautiful, multi-level home that I just refinished all the
hardwood floors in. Not only are there a lot of levels, but each room
is fairly small. My standard, upright vacuum cleaner keeps marking up
the walls every time I attempt to move it from room to room, not to
mention that it's a pain to maneuver it around! With all the dust that
collects, I NEED to clean the floors often- can anyone suggest any other
appliances I can use to keep the new finish "new??"

A Dustbuster for the dust and fur, a broom for the sand and grit, and
a Swiffer to finish off.

Add strategically-place rugs (eg. at the entry ways) to trap dirt and
grit which acts as sandpaper on the floors when people walk on it.

Sue(tm)

Rick

"DennisZerillo" wrote in message .. .
I have a beautiful, multi-level home that I just refinished all the
hardwood floors in. Not only are there a lot of levels, but each room
is fairly small. My standard, upright vacuum cleaner keeps marking up
the walls every time I attempt to move it from room to room, not to
mention that it's a pain to maneuver it around! With all the dust that
collects, I NEED to clean the floors often- can anyone suggest any other
appliances I can use to keep the new finish "new??"

Get a Swiffer, and a few air purifiers for the largest rooms.
We bought two of these:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...64657?v=glance
and they cut our dust levels *way* down.

Robert Barr

DennisZerillo wrote:
I have a beautiful, multi-level home that I just refinished all the
hardwood floors in. Not only are there a lot of levels, but each room
is fairly small. My standard, upright vacuum cleaner keeps marking up
the walls every time I attempt to move it from room to room, not to
mention that it's a pain to maneuver it around! With all the dust that
collects, I NEED to clean the floors often- can anyone suggest any other
appliances I can use to keep the new finish "new??"

Roombas?

(Okay, what's the plural of Roomba? Roombi?}
JimL

wrote:

I have a beautiful, multi-level home that I just refinished all the
hardwood floors in. Not only are there a lot of levels, but each room
is fairly small. My standard, upright vacuum cleaner keeps marking up
the walls every time I attempt to move it from room to room, not to
mention that it's a pain to maneuver it around! With all the dust that
collects, I NEED to clean the floors often- can anyone suggest any other
appliances I can use to keep the new finish "new??"

Add my vote for a dustmop.

Robert Barr

What are "Roombas?"

Robert Barr

DennisZerillo wrote:

I have a beautiful, multi-level home that I just refinished all the
hardwood floors in. Not only are there a lot of levels, but each room
is fairly small. My standard, upright vacuum cleaner keeps marking up
the walls every time I attempt to move it from room to room, not to
mention that it's a pain to maneuver it around! With all the dust that
collects, I NEED to clean the floors often- can anyone suggest any other
appliances I can use to keep the new finish "new??"

I'd say Murphy's Oil Soap and some kneepads. Mine are in great shape,
and they're roughly 64 years old now.
Edwin Pawlowski

, I NEED to clean the floors often- can anyone suggest any other
appliances I can use to keep the new finish "new??"

Keep in mind, even if you never walked on them, there will be some aging of
the color over time.