James

Default Toaster Oven

I have a Toaster Oven that once it warms up to the selected temperature, it
begins to spark between the bimetal contacts. Unfortunately, money is an
issue, so just junking it and buying a new one isn't an option at this
time. Does anyone have any suggestions to prevent it from sparking?
Edwin Pawlowski

"James" wrote in message
I have a Toaster Oven that once it warms up to the selected temperature, it
begins to spark between the bimetal contacts. Unfortunately, money is an
issue, so just junking it and buying a new one isn't an option at this
time. Does anyone have any suggestions to prevent it from sparking?

Try cleaning the contacts with a piece of emery cloth or very fine file.

James

Raid wrote in
news
On Sun, 15 May 2005 02:19:00 GMT, James wrote:

I have a Toaster Oven that once it warms up to the selected
temperature, it begins to spark between the bimetal contacts.
Unfortunately, money is an issue, so just junking it and buying a new
one isn't an option at this time. Does anyone have any suggestions to
prevent it from sparking?

Yes turn off you computer and your ISP then you will have the
money!!!!!!

hmm, considering at this moment I don't pay for the electricity or the
internet and I'm saving up for an appartment... Yes the fact I don't
spend anything on it would save me money unplugging it... Great logic..

When someone asks a question, why not respond to the question instead of
practically yelling at them?
Tim Zimmer

"Raid" wrote

Yes turn off you computer and your ISP then you will have the money!!!!!!

USENET saves us money. And if it weren't for electricity
you'd be reading USNET by candlelight.

Martin

"Tim Zimmer" wrote in message
news:1116159867.c8aee9cbea2c0f249dc17aa83b7cae47@b ubbanews...

USENET saves us money. And if it weren't for electricity
you'd be reading USNET by candlelight.

I think he forgot to mention that you also need to use the candle to boil
water, which makes steam, which turns a turbine, which runs a generator, the
electricity from which runs your computer, so you can read USENET by
candlelight.

James

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
:

Try cleaning the contacts with a piece of emery cloth or very fine
file.

that doesn't seem to help. I've had it since christmas, and I think it may
have had problems for a while and was just noticed.