Ian

Default Lawn - After the Grubs

I had a bad bout of grubs last year and it took a pretty heavy toll on my
lawn. I'm sure the grubs are gone, but so are large portions of my lawn
here in Toronto.

notspike

Ian wrote:

I had a bad bout of grubs last year and it took a pretty heavy toll on my
lawn. I'm sure the grubs are gone, but so are large portions of my lawn
here in Toronto.

where did they go?
Oscar_Lives

"Ian" wrote in message
. ..
I had a bad bout of grubs last year and it took a pretty heavy toll on my
lawn.

What did you do? **** them out in they yard?

Peter H

Now's a good time to overseed. Buy a quality seed... not from a hardware
store.

The grubs will have missed small portions of root while feeding. Some of
these roots will generate new grass plants, but this takes some time. Your
lawn will be late in filling in, but with some help with seed it will come
around eventually.

Don't expect it to be weed-free this season though. Clean it up in
September.

You may want to consider a Merit application in July as a preventor to
ensure that the buggers don't come back.

Good luck with it.

Peter H

. ..