DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lawn - After the Grubs (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/108007-lawn-after-grubs.html)

Ian May 9th 05 03:56 AM

Lawn - After the Grubs

I had a bad bout of grubs last year and it took a pretty heavy toll on my
lawn. I'm sure the grubs are gone, but so are large portions of my lawn
here in Toronto.

notspike May 10th 05 05:03 AM

Ian wrote:

I had a bad bout of grubs last year and it took a pretty heavy toll on my
lawn. I'm sure the grubs are gone, but so are large portions of my lawn
here in Toronto.

where did they go?

Oscar_Lives May 10th 05 05:32 AM

. ..

What did you do? **** them out in they yard?

Peter H May 11th 05 12:56 AM

Now's a good time to overseed. Buy a quality seed... not from a hardware
store.

The grubs will have missed small portions of root while feeding. Some of
these roots will generate new grass plants, but this takes some time. Your
lawn will be late in filling in, but with some help with seed it will come
around eventually.

Don't expect it to be weed-free this season though. Clean it up in
September.

You may want to consider a Merit application in July as a preventor to
ensure that the buggers don't come back.

Good luck with it.

Peter H

. ..