Default Black growth on roof

I have a lot of black gunk (mold, fungus, whatever) growing on my asphalt
shingle roof. What is the best way to get rid of it.

Thanks.
smyk

Black? That's strange. It's typical for moss to grow on asphalt shingle
roofs but never heard of mold growing on them. For moss it's best to
spray it with a moss killer and cut off nearby tree branches.

Mark

bleach and water, don't let it get on the grass
Mark

A zinc strip along the ridge should kill the growth,
TB

Stormin Mormon

I've heard some folks reccomend 10% bleach solution in water. Applied with a
spryer. I've heard others reccomend various concentrations of vinegar.

All have suggested you not use both chemicals on the same day.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
I have a lot of black gunk (mold, fungus, whatever) growing on my asphalt
shingle roof. What is the best way to get rid of it.

Thanks.

anchoring: carport James Lee Home Repair 3 June 1st 04 06:05 PM
WARNING. DeWALT And Black and Decker Tools causing serious Injury and Death. tester Home Repair 16 May 27th 04 12:45 PM
FLAT ROOF - modern recovering methods? Richard Sterry UK diy 10 March 29th 04 10:28 AM
Garden Shed Roof Leaking News UK diy 3 November 6th 03 09:05 PM
please explain this wiring - black, red, white, ground FN Home Repair 9 July 4th 03 03:46 PM