DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Black growth on roof (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/107495-black-growth-roof.html)

[email protected] May 8th 05 02:48 AM

Black growth on roof

I have a lot of black gunk (mold, fungus, whatever) growing on my asphalt
shingle roof. What is the best way to get rid of it.

Thanks.

smyk May 8th 05 03:30 AM

Black? That's strange. It's typical for moss to grow on asphalt shingle
roofs but never heard of mold growing on them. For moss it's best to
spray it with a moss killer and cut off nearby tree branches.

Mark May 8th 05 05:13 AM

bleach and water, don't let it get on the grass
Mark

[email protected] May 8th 05 12:56 PM

A zinc strip along the ridge should kill the growth,
TB

The Real Tom May 8th 05 02:40 PM

On Sat, 07 May 2005 21:48:55 -0400, wrote:

I have a lot of black gunk (mold, fungus, whatever) growing on my asphalt
shingle roof. What is the best way to get rid of it.

Thanks.

You mean stuff that looks like black lines running top to bottom?

Not sure what you have, and I have lines, so wondering if they are the
same.

tomm

Stormin Mormon May 9th 05 12:11 AM

I've heard some folks reccomend 10% bleach solution in water. Applied with a
spryer. I've heard others reccomend various concentrations of vinegar.

All have suggested you not use both chemicals on the same day.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

The Real Tom May 12th 05 11:13 PM

wrote:

I have a lot of black gunk (mold, fungus, whatever) growing on my asphalt
shingle roof. What is the best way to get rid of it.

Thanks.

If it's black mold you wont have to get rid of it. It will get rid of
you. The stuff is deadly. You'll be dead before you can do anything
about it. Your best bet would be to buy a cemetary plot and coffin
immediately.

I see the meds aren't working anymore. Need to up the dosage.

:p

later,

tom @
www.WorkAtHomePlans.com