Stormin

Default Kenmore water softener

My water softener seems to have quit or at least is working half
heartily.
The salt tank is half full of brine. It still has some salt ,about 4"
inthe tank and I've been hesitent to add more because of the brine
level.
Whats happening?

Stormin

Jag Man

Sounds like it's not pumping out the brine. I had a couple kenmore
softeners
over the years, and had this problem a number of times. Most often
it can be fixed by cleaning the venturi. If it's lask my last one,
just
take the top off (4 screws) and you will see a plastic dome-like thing
over at the left. Take it off like a jar lid. Wathe carefully where
all the
bits are as you take them out. the venturi itself is just an
impression in the
plastic. Clean it with soft cloth. Also be sure the tiny hole in the
little black rubber plug is clear. Reassemble.

I believe you can see an Owners Manula fot it at the Sears Web site.

Ed

"Stormin" wrote in message
ups.com...
My water softener seems to have quit or at least is working half
heartily.
The salt tank is half full of brine. It still has some salt ,about

4"
inthe tank and I've been hesitent to add more because of the brine
level.
Whats happening?

Stormin

Stormin

Thanks Ed,

I'll have a go at the venturi and also see if I can get a manual off
the Sears site..

Stormin