John A. Weeks III

Default Bathroom Remodeling help

In article ,
PGG wrote:

Sigh... Also this is the only bathroom in the house. I figure I can take
3-4 days off to do this job and our inlaws live 0.5 miles away

Considering how much you will spend in lost wages, plus what you
will have to do to repay your inlaws over the years, it would
probably cost you just the same to hire it done. At least that
way it would get done, it would be done nicely, and you will
not have any self-inflicted disasters.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com
QB3

"John A. Weeks III" wrote in message
Considering how much you will spend in lost wages, plus what you
will have to do to repay your inlaws over the years, it would
probably cost you just the same to hire it done. At least that
way it would get done, it would be done nicely, and you will
not have any self-inflicted disasters.

I've got to agree with Weeks on this one. The potential that an unexpected
problem will occur is enough to make this job one better done by someone
more experienced. I like to do my own work on my home, but one of my better
skills is in knowing my own limitations. I will usually have a professional
to do a job once, if I have not done it before myself. Then, I will watch
what the professional does and ask questions when I don't understand
something. After that, I am confident enough to do it myself, if something
similar should happen again.

Kealo D S

I probably go one of two routes...

1) Rip out everything myself, hire out plumbing work, and then either
find a cheap handyman or a buddy to help remodel the entire bathroom.
If you just update the vanity but not the rest of the room, it will
look out of place. When I did mine, just make sure the toilet and
floor go in first. This way you can at least go to the bathroom.
(plumbing should only be a day)

2) Start writing home makeover shows with a really good sob story. Get
creative. Deaf kids, handicap wife, and caring for older parents; all
while being laid off from the manufacturing plant that is posioning
your house. They love a good story.

Good luck

D. Gerasimatos

In article ,
John A. Weeks III wrote:

Considering how much you will spend in lost wages, plus what you
will have to do to repay your inlaws over the years, it would
probably cost you just the same to hire it done. At least that
way it would get done, it would be done nicely, and you will
not have any self-inflicted disasters.

I paid someone to redo my bathroom. It took a lot longer than expected
and there are still little niggling concerns. I wish I would have done it
myself. It's hard to find good help. Even people with good recommendations
can get sloppy when they encounter problems they don't want to deal with.

Dimitri

Wen-King Su

Has anyone suggested perhaps you can open up access to the back of the
sink through the other side of the wall? Perhaps that way you can take
the faucet out without ripping out the whole thing.

Remodeling bathroom, which order to install things? Miki Home Repair 3 January 22nd 05 12:31 AM
Bathroom fans improperly vented jeff Home Repair 11 June 4th 04 05:30 PM
Bathroom Mirror. Terry Home Repair 2 May 2nd 04 10:42 PM
Bathroom Paint - Required? Charles Middleton UK diy 7 March 12th 04 01:08 AM
Wood Floor in Bathroom Rob Gray Home Repair 5 February 23rd 04 04:28 AM