QB3

"John A. Weeks III" wrote in message
Considering how much you will spend in lost wages, plus what you
will have to do to repay your inlaws over the years, it would
probably cost you just the same to hire it done. At least that
way it would get done, it would be done nicely, and you will
not have any self-inflicted disasters.

I've got to agree with Weeks on this one. The potential that an unexpected
problem will occur is enough to make this job one better done by someone
more experienced. I like to do my own work on my home, but one of my better
skills is in knowing my own limitations. I will usually have a professional
to do a job once, if I have not done it before myself. Then, I will watch
what the professional does and ask questions when I don't understand
something. After that, I am confident enough to do it myself, if something
similar should happen again.