Reply Here

Default Good Man furnance/flue recall.

Hello Everyone,

Just trying to find out if the situation I'm in is typical of the Good
Man furnance/flue recall. I became a part of the program back in
Sept/Oct 2004, my neighbor was in the program and informed me about
it(we have same home builders, and same type of flues). He's been in
the program (if I heard right) Oct 2003.

Little background (from paperwork they gave me), Good Man is under an
agreement with the fed to provide services to home owners who have a
defective flue, that can crack and seperate and blow exhaust in into
the home. Mine has burn marks around several of the joints(appears
patched by previous repairmen).

I've had about 7 months of "we'll call you later today" and no calls.
I've had to constantly call about the 'status' and I get "what the
repair guy never called, we'll call them again, and call you back",
then no call ofcourse. I don't want to wait over a year like my
neighor(an elderly lady).

So, I ask, has anyone been a part of this program? Has anyone had the
work done? Is 1/2 year to 1-1/2 years typical for getting the work
done?

thx,

TURTLE

"Reply Here" wrote in message
[...]

This is Turtle.

If your talking about the 90%+ AFUE furnaces of all brands installed around 1990
to 1996. Please read below.

Now if your talking about anything in the 80% AFUE furnaces and leaking vent
pipes. Disreguard the below for i have never heard of any recall program of
anykind for these 80% AFUE furnace vent pipes.

thx , the Goodman program that you speak about is not the goodman only program.
The replacement of the leaking vent pipes is all the brands program with the
manufactor of the vent pipe suppling the material and labor to fix them. Goodman
and All Other Brands involved have got together to fix or replace the problem
vents. Now if i can remember this replacement of the plastic vent pipes has been
talk about since the first to Mid-1990's and i don't think i ever heard of
anybody getting anything fixed for free. i have heard a lot of talk but no jobs
being done.

So i think i would get my HVAC fellow to just replace all the vent pipe and be
done with it. this is not a major cost expence that this would cost to do.

If you wanted to talk about this recall of yours. E-Mail me and fill me in on
it.

TURTLE

m Ransley

File in small claims, you will be fixed in 30 days.

Reply Here

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:57:27 -0500, "TURTLE"
wrote:

"Reply Here" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

It's an 80% model and here is a url explaining the 'free' replacement
policy: http://www.inspect-ny.com/heat/goodman.txt

I'm at the point of writing (and cc'ing good man) CPSC and asking how
binding was this agreement. My neighbor is elderly, and they haven't
moved on following through on fixing it for over a year now.

Think asking the fed questions, and cc'ing good man will get results.
I mean, I'm not getting call backs when they say so. Unless I catch
someone, my messages go unanswered.

thx....