Reply Here

Default Good Man furnance/flue recall.

Hello Everyone,

Just trying to find out if the situation I'm in is typical of the Good
Man furnance/flue recall. I became a part of the program back in
Sept/Oct 2004, my neighbor was in the program and informed me about
it(we have same home builders, and same type of flues). He's been in
the program (if I heard right) Oct 2003.

Little background (from paperwork they gave me), Good Man is under an
agreement with the fed to provide services to home owners who have a
defective flue, that can crack and seperate and blow exhaust in into
the home. Mine has burn marks around several of the joints(appears
patched by previous repairmen).

I've had about 7 months of "we'll call you later today" and no calls.
I've had to constantly call about the 'status' and I get "what the
repair guy never called, we'll call them again, and call you back",
then no call ofcourse. I don't want to wait over a year like my
neighor(an elderly lady).

So, I ask, has anyone been a part of this program? Has anyone had the
work done? Is 1/2 year to 1-1/2 years typical for getting the work
done?

thx,