zackde

Default bathroom paint

guys,

i already painted my bathroom w/ a mildew resistant paint, but i
forgot to buy a whote paint for the ceiling, can i use an ordinary
ceiling paint for my bathroom? i have ceiling paint leftovers

thanx

Joseph Meehan

zackde wrote:
guys,

i already painted my bathroom w/ a mildew resistant paint, but i
forgot to buy a whote paint for the ceiling, can i use an ordinary
ceiling paint for my bathroom? i have ceiling paint leftovers

thanx

You can, but if you have a damp bathroom you will wish you did not. I
don't have a problem in my bath, but it is large and well ventilated so
dampness is not a problem.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Edwin Pawlowski

"zackde" wrote in message
i already painted my bathroom w/ a mildew resistant paint, but i
forgot to buy a whote paint for the ceiling, can i use an ordinary
ceiling paint for my bathroom? i have ceiling paint leftovers

thanx

I've never had a problem in my house. If you live in a very humid area or
have otherwise poor ventilation your results may differ.

TP

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"zackde" wrote in message

i already painted my bathroom w/ a mildew resistant paint, but i
forgot to buy a whote paint for the ceiling, can i use an ordinary
ceiling paint for my bathroom? i have ceiling paint leftovers

thanx

I've never had a problem in my house. If you live in a very humid area or
have otherwise poor ventilation your results may differ.

You could purchase the mildew additive separately. Add it to the
standard ceiling paint and go for it...
Hopkins

TP is right - you can buy the mildicide separately. You may have to go
to a paint store [MAB, Sherwin-Williams] - I don't know if the generic
"home centers" carry it.

As others have mentioned, if your bathroom gets humid you'll want a
paint with some gloss to it.

zackde

i think the mildew additive is my best option

thanx