Art

Default Kenmore Elite HE3 (Whirlpool) frontloader

Anyone know what this machine sometimes decides to do during the last minute
of the spin cycle. Instead of going into fast spin, it will, for ages it
seems, stop, go, pump, speed up, slow down, fall asleep, wake up, speed up,
slow down, and finally do a fast spin. Might do the for 10 minutes or more
it seems. What the heck is it doing and why? Been doing it on some loads
since day one but it gets more obnoxious each year.

Lost in Translation

My Whirlpool front loader (Whipper makes the Kenmore) does the same thing.
They said it's the water sensors, still detecting too much moisture and
tries to spin it all out again before doing the final slow "untangle the
laundry" spin. Mine did this mostly with towels until I cut down on the
number that I put in. The books says something like 23 large bath towels,
I'm lucky if it does 10.

"Art" wrote in message
nk.net...
Anyone know what this machine sometimes decides to do during the last
minute of the spin cycle. Instead of going into fast spin, it will, for
ages it seems, stop, go, pump, speed up, slow down, fall asleep, wake up,
speed up, slow down, and finally do a fast spin. Might do the for 10
minutes or more it seems. What the heck is it doing and why? Been doing
it on some loads since day one but it gets more obnoxious each year.

Grandpa Koca

Art wrote:
Anyone know what this machine sometimes decides to do during the last minute
of the spin cycle. Instead of going into fast spin, it will, for ages it
seems, stop, go, pump, speed up, slow down, fall asleep, wake up, speed up,
slow down, and finally do a fast spin. Might do the for 10 minutes or more
it seems. What the heck is it doing and why? Been doing it on some loads
since day one but it gets more obnoxious each year.

According to what I was told about ours, its "load balancing," and
depending on the composition of the load it may take a little time;
after all, you don't want it out of balance when it does that final fast
spin!

--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten
My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked. It is price
Art

Interesting enuf, sometimes it never goes into a fast spin after doing its
load balencing act. In those cases I send it thru another fast spin cycle
which it does immediately without the act so it seems to me
Whirlpool/Kenmore has something really screwed up in these otherwise nice
washers.