Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Joe

Default Reviving an Abused Lawn?

I had a very nice lawn up until this year when I got lazy in the fall and
instead of raking up all the leaves I did a combination of raking and
running them over with a mulching mower.

Major mistake, as now I have half dead grass, lots of bald spots and
thatch.

I have aggressively raked up all the thatch and things are looking better,
but I see signs of ant hills, moss, weeds and bare patches.
The grass looks off color green instead of bright green

So how do I repair this situation?
I am located on Eastern Long Island NY so the soil is sandy and like I
said I had a pretty decent looking lawn up until this point.
BTW this is a fairly decent sized property so installing a new lawn is not
the option I want to take.

Up until this point I was using Lebanon 5 step process every year (the
lawn is only 5 years old, new construction house) but I was never really
happy with it and was thinking of going to Scotts this year. I did use it
in October though, step 5 I think.

I appreciate any and all advice on how to make things better!

Joe