Joseph Meehan

Brett Miller wrote:
Not that anyone cares, but,
If I can get the mower on top of it, I mulch it. Limbs, branchs,
dead animals....everything. In the fall I mow the leaves and
pine straw. If the pine straw still is too much, I mow it again.
Quicker and easier then rakeing and bagging. The leaves have
very little detritus left after a mow or two. I have never had a
thatch problem. I have several trees in my yard and I have never
used a dethatcher.
My neighbor uses one of those hole punching dethatchers and has
built in sprinkler system and her yard is not that much nicer
than mine.
I think the thatch problem is over rated.

Very true. It is surprising how many people believe that thatch is
caused by mulching. In reality mulching may even reduce a thatch problem.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit