Default GE TFX24R fridge leaks water

I have this fridge and it leaks about 2 cups of water suddenly about
every 24 hours from the left side front. It doesn't appear to have
any broken lines, but I haven't emptied it out and tipped it over yet.
does this have something to do with the frost free system? Anyone know
of a fix? thanks,

Joe

On 13 Apr 2005 03:48:41 -0700, "Appliance Repair Aid"
wrote:

Onto the floor only? Any inside as well?

Definetly check the icemaker and water lines. A common trouble maker is
a clogged/restricted defrost drain, but that usually leaks inside and
then out onto the floor.

Thanks for the info, I think it was a clogged drain line since ice was
forming inside the bottom of the freezer. Cleaned the ice out and no
leaks since. Will probably run a piece of vinyl tubing through the
drain line to try and clear it better.

Joe
Appliance Repair Aid

Thanks for the info, I think it was a clogged drain line since ice

was
forming inside the bottom of the freezer. Cleaned the ice out and no
leaks since. Will probably run a piece of vinyl tubing through the
drain line to try and clear it better.

Joe

Thankx for the update!

jeff.