Redlocks

Default Washing machine question

I have a fairly recent (less than 2 yrs old) model GE washer. This
morning while preparing to load the washer I shook the agitator and
heard water splash. Is it normal for a certain amount of water to remain
in the washer between uses?

Thanks.

John

Joseph Meehan

Redlocks wrote:
I have a fairly recent (less than 2 yrs old) model GE washer. This
morning while preparing to load the washer I shook the agitator and
heard water splash. Is it normal for a certain amount of water to
remain in the washer between uses?

Thanks.

John

I don't believe it is unusual.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit

Appliance Repair Aid

Redlocks wrote:
I have a fairly recent (less than 2 yrs old) model GE washer. This
morning while preparing to load the washer I shook the agitator and
heard water splash. Is it normal for a certain amount of water to

remain
in the washer between uses?

Thanks.

John

Hi,

What you heard may not be water. There is a balance ring built into the
inner basket that is filled with a liquid. This ring helps when a load
goes off balanced. You will hear sloshing from the balance ring when
you move the baskets around.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Redlocks

Thanks to everyone.

I'm glad to know that I have one less thing to worry about.

John