trethevy

Default Grout substitute

The problem - just had an extension built that had to include a
manhole cover in the main corridor. It's a proper job sealing cover,
so no worries with smells etc. I'm currently tiling and grouting the
floor area but am at a bit of a loss over what to do around the
manhole. I've cut the tiles to fit and still allow the man hole to
lift - but what can I use to fill the gaps that won't cause me
trouble in the future? I've thought of candle wax or similar just to
fill the gaps?

Any idea's gratefully appreciated.

G Henslee

trethevy wrote:
The problem - just had an extension built that had to include a
manhole cover in the main corridor. It's a proper job sealing cover,
so no worries with smells etc. I'm currently tiling and grouting the
floor area but am at a bit of a loss over what to do around the
manhole. I've cut the tiles to fit and still allow the man hole to
lift - but what can I use to fill the gaps that won't cause me
trouble in the future? I've thought of candle wax or similar just to
fill the gaps?

Any idea's gratefully appreciated.

What's wrong with the same grout you're using for the rest of it?
Worried about some possible movement?

Siliconized grout comes in tubes, and matches most colors.
trethevy

I reckon if I use the same grout the manhole will be real hard to lift
in the future.

G Henslee

trethevy wrote:
I reckon if I use the same grout the manhole will be real hard to lift
in the future.

I see now. You need to grout the cover itself.

Man, how big is that cover?

You may want to use the siliconized grout that I suggested.
trethevy

Cover is 18" x 24" - quite big enough for inside!

Can siliconized grout be cut in the future if I need to lift the cover?

G Henslee

trethevy wrote:
Cover is 18" x 24" - quite big enough for inside!

Can siliconized grout be cut in the future if I need to lift the cover?

Sure. It stays relativley pliable.
trethevy

Thanks. Just need to find some the same colour as the grout now!

Grout Sealant cover Home Ownership 9 March 16th 05 03:14 PM
Grout Sealant cover Home Repair 10 March 16th 05 03:14 PM
tile grout options pinya Home Repair 9 February 22nd 05 09:21 PM
Shower tile - verticle seams - caulk or grout? dango Home Repair 3 September 26th 04 11:07 PM
tool for prying old grout out? peter Home Repair 4 March 2nd 04 07:06 AM