Noozer

Default "hinge" for lift top cocktail table?

I've seen several living room tables where you could pull up on the top and
it would lift up about 10 to 12 inches and a bit closer to the sofa. This is
a triangular table that moves toward one point when lifted.

All the tables like this I've found would be perfect for our livingroom, but
are made with REALLY crappy pressboard & paper veneer.

I'd like to build my own version of this table, but I don't know what the
"hinge" they use is called.

Does anyone know what this hinge is called and where I could get one?

zxcvbob

Noozer wrote:

I've seen several living room tables where you could pull up on the top and
it would lift up about 10 to 12 inches and a bit closer to the sofa. This is
a triangular table that moves toward one point when lifted.

All the tables like this I've found would be perfect for our livingroom, but
are made with REALLY crappy pressboard & paper veneer.

I'd like to build my own version of this table, but I don't know what the
"hinge" they use is called.

Does anyone know what this hinge is called and where I could get one?

I've wondered the same thing. You can always look for a crapboard™
table with a damaged top (since the top will be unrepairable, it should
be really cheap) and build your own solid wood top for it. The frame
and legs should be OK.

Bob
Grandpa Koca

Noozer wrote:
I've seen several living room tables where you could pull up on the top and
it would lift up about 10 to 12 inches and a bit closer to the sofa. This is
a triangular table that moves toward one point when lifted.

All the tables like this I've found would be perfect for our livingroom, but
are made with REALLY crappy pressboard & paper veneer.

I'd like to build my own version of this table, but I don't know what the
"hinge" they use is called.

Does anyone know what this hinge is called and where I could get one?

Something like this?:
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...erings_id=2318

--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten
My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked. It is price

Grandpa Koca

Noozer wrote:

"Grandpa Koca" wrote in message
[...]

Something like this?:
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...erings_id=2318

Yup!

...and OUCH!

Well, they are a bit proud of their stuff, but at least you know what
its called. Look around at other places for something a bit cheaper. Or
you could just buy the particle board stuff for the hardware and make
your own that way.