Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Furnace question

Got a house I wanna buy and the inspection came back saying, among
other things,

"Burning shield on heat exchanger is cracked. Repair / replacement is
needed."

What the heck does that mean ? Burning shield ? Thank you.

Don Phillipson

wrote in message
ups.com...

Got a house I wanna buy and the inspection came back saying, among
other things,

"Burning shield on heat exchanger is cracked. Repair / replacement is
needed."

What the heck does that mean ? Burning shield ? Thank you.

Because you paid for the inspection it is OK to
ask the inspector to explain what he has written.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

On 30 Mar 2005 16:27:23 -0800, someone wrote:

"Burning shield on heat exchanger is cracked. Repair / replacement is
needed."

What the heck does that mean ? Burning shield ? Thank you.

Personally, I am not familiar with the term "burning shield". Why
don't you ask the guy who wrote it, instead of us?

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Noob question about pilot light on gas furnace NWM Home Repair 14 November 22nd 04 10:26 AM
Induction Furnace Question sme Metalworking 44 June 27th 04 04:09 AM
Is it worth upgrading to High Efficiency furnace? kevins_news Home Repair 49 January 9th 04 05:42 AM
Furnace Room Wiring ? Joe Home Repair 1 July 31st 03 07:48 PM