Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Dom

Default ShedsUSA storage/garden sheds?

Anyone have experience buying a shed from these folks?
I am considering using them (via Costco) to have a new 8x12 shed
built.

I need to replace my existing shed and am seeking to have one built on
my property (prebuild wont work..no room next to house to get a truck
to drop a prefab).
These folks will build it right on the property.

Whats your experience been over time?

Any other companies I should consider?

Any comments would be appreciated!
Dom

(PS - please dont suggest the pros to building it myself. I dont have
the tools, skill, or time to deal with doing that).

Here to there

On 20 Mar 2005 05:44:29 -0800, Dom wrote:
Anyone have experience buying a shed from these folks?
I am considering using them (via Costco) to have a new 8x12 shed
built.

I need to replace my existing shed and am seeking to have one built on
my property (prebuild wont work..no room next to house to get a truck
to drop a prefab).
These folks will build it right on the property.

Whats your experience been over time?

Any other companies I should consider?

Any comments would be appreciated!
Dom

(PS - please dont suggest the pros to building it myself. I dont have
the tools, skill, or time to deal with doing that).

We had a ShedsUSA 8x10 installed via Home Depot last year. Some of
the "upgrade" prices ( like $50.00 for a 3x4 sheet of plywood for the
ramp, for example ) are just ridiculous, but we're pleased with the shed.
Took about 2 weeks from the time we ordered to the time they delivered.
Construction time was around 4 hours. We had to prep the site first, of
course, which basically just involved clearing a spot and making sure it
was all level to within 6 inches. The quality is fine - it's nothing
that you'd be embarassed to have the neighbors see. ;-)

So we are perfectly happy with ours. But, be aware that the
sheds are constructed and installed locally, so while we had a
good group build ours, another area might have a bunch of
hacks.

And best of all - I didn't have to expend any effort other than
writing the check, and then painting it. ;-)

- Rich
Dom

Rich,

Thanks for your input!
I just went last night to Costco to purchase it.
To my utter surprise - it rang up $450 more than what was listed on the
order form for the 8x12 shed I want!
Apparently, there was a price increase (a big one at that!) and they
didn't get rid of the old order forms. Costco DID honor the lower
original price.
So I was quite happy about that!

So this weekend, I have a dumpster coming and I have the pleasure of
taking all my aggressions out on knocking down the old shed!
I am looking forward to doing that.

Thanks again for your input.

Dom

The shed was installed this week - built onsite.
Looks great. Seems durable. Like it alot!
The installations were also notably excellent - and - all could speak
fluent english.
A buddy of mine warned me that he had a local garden store install his
shed and none of the builders spoke fluent english. This turned out to
be a challenging experience for him.
Thankfully, not for me.