Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default ~~~What are the chances my water is contaminated?

~~~What are the chances my water is contaminated?

Today, there are very few people who are not aware of the problems with
our drinking water supply. The news carries reports each week about yet
another clean-up effort initiated on chemical spills, improperly lined
landfills, agricultural run-offs and toxic materials which are rapidly
leaching into our aquifers and contaminating our water supplies faster
than regulatory agencies can find the solutions.

Rain and melting snow carry pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers into
our streams, rivers, lakes and wells.

Nitrates from fertilizers used for agriculture and home lawn care can
contaminate a water supply.

Trichloroethylene and benzene, the most commonly found contaminants
surrounding hazardous waste sites, are both known to cause cancer.
Municipal water that is properly chlorinated kills most bacteria and
viruses; however, we now know that chlorine forms carcinogenic
compounds such as trihalomethanes and chloroforms when it mixes with
organic matter.

Even if municipal water was pure as it left the treatment facility, it
may have to travel through miles of pipe to reach your home...And these
pipes are guaranteed to be filthy.

Inside your home, lead and other heavy metals can be dissolving in your
water supply from piping, solder joints and brass fixtures.
Lead, when ingested, can cause severe neurological damage...
particularly in children. The EPA estimates that 38 million Americans
drink water that exceeds the 50 parts per billion, the "safe" level for
lead. And, who is to know if 50 ppb isn't too much.

This dismal picture leaves many of us wondering just how wisely we're
replacing this vital 70% of our own bodies every 5 to 10 days.

-------
Clearly there is a demand for a safer choice!

For More Info, Please contact:

Please include name, phone number, email
and tell us about your water concerns.

*** 1/24/2005 Please Forward This Letter To As Many People As You
Can...
*** I Am Sure You Know 10 People That Have The Same Concerns As You...

Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 09:45 PM
Hot water recirculation [email protected] Home Repair 18 August 9th 04 06:32 AM
Copper pipe sizing. Is bigger better? Paul J Home Repair 19 February 29th 04 08:52 PM
Why do gas water heaters fail? I-zheet M'drurz Home Repair 40 January 12th 04 10:59 PM
Grounding Rod Info Mark Wilson Home Repair 37 July 19th 03 03:34 PM