Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Dorot29701

Default Water Hose Question

I bought a new water hose at Sam's. It's a real heavy one. I didn't notice
any problem the first time I used it, but later on I went out to run some water
in a bucket to water flowers. The water was soapy. Husband said, must be the
bucket. Next time, I was washing off patio...water came out soapy. Changed to
clear after few minutes. This happened again recently....

We unscrewed hose and ran the faucet...water fine. Waited a day and tried
again; water clear.

There must be something inside the hose...but what? Has anyone ever run into
this before? There is a guarantee with hose but it's against wear and tear
stuff.

Dorothy
Kerry *self inflicted purple Hearts* Loser

Dorot29701 wrote:
I bought a new water hose at Sam's. It's a real heavy one. I didn't notice
any problem the first time I used it, but later on I went out to run some water
in a bucket to water flowers. The water was soapy. Husband said, must be the
bucket. Next time, I was washing off patio...water came out soapy. Changed to
clear after few minutes. This happened again recently....

We unscrewed hose and ran the faucet...water fine. Waited a day and tried
again; water clear.

There must be something inside the hose...but what?

If I had to guess based on your description....SOAP!

On 10 Oct 2004 11:30:17 GMT, someone wrote:

....The water was soapy....

How do you know it is "soapy"?

You observed it was "foamy" perhaps - how do you know its soap?

Run it a while to see if you can rinse out whatever it is that's
making it foam. I wouldn't drink from that hose for a while!

-v.
Bob

"Dorot29701" wrote in message
I bought a new water hose at Sam's. It's a real heavy one. I

didn't notice
any problem the first time I used it, but later on I went out

to run some water
in a bucket to water flowers. The water was soapy. Husband

said, must be the
bucket. Next time, I was washing off patio...water came out

soapy. Changed to
clear after few minutes. This happened again recently....

We unscrewed hose and ran the faucet...water fine. Waited a

day and tried
again; water clear.

There must be something inside the hose...but what? Has anyone

ever run into
this before? There is a guarantee with hose but it's against

wear and tear
stuff.

I've got hoses like that. I think they even said on the packaging
something like "not for potable water". The effect is the same as
you describe. The water comes out "milky" looking.

Bob

Al Bundy

"Bob" wrote in message news:17Gad.350042$mD.67308@attbi_s02...
[...]

I wonder if that's from something they use to make it easier to
install the hose end fittings. In the old days of natural rubber hoses
we drank from them without thinking and even then it could taste
skunky.

Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
I need a little advice on running waterlines in an uninsulated crawlspace ozark Home Repair 12 January 29th 04 05:23 AM
Flushing / Cleaning Hot Water Heater Help Needed Cuse Home Repair 38 December 1st 03 02:01 AM
Why is this a bad idea? Mike Hibbert UK diy 18 August 28th 03 11:59 PM