Al Bundy

"Bob" wrote in message news:17Gad.350042$mD.67308@attbi_s02...
"Dorot29701" wrote in message
I bought a new water hose at Sam's. It's a real heavy one. I

didn't notice
any problem the first time I used it, but later on I went out

to run some water
in a bucket to water flowers. The water was soapy. Husband

said, must be the
bucket. Next time, I was washing off patio...water came out

soapy. Changed to
clear after few minutes. This happened again recently....

We unscrewed hose and ran the faucet...water fine. Waited a

day and tried
again; water clear.

There must be something inside the hose...but what? Has anyone

ever run into
this before? There is a guarantee with hose but it's against

wear and tear
stuff.

I've got hoses like that. I think they even said on the packaging
something like "not for potable water". The effect is the same as
you describe. The water comes out "milky" looking.

Bob

I wonder if that's from something they use to make it easier to
install the hose end fittings. In the old days of natural rubber hoses
we drank from them without thinking and even then it could taste
skunky.