Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Karl Kingston

Default Childs playhouse

As a labor of love to my 2 year old daughter, I built her a playhouse over
the summer.

Playhouse is 8'x6'. Did the framing, used T-111 for siding, and put an
asphalt roof on.

So now, I'm trying to decide how to do the inside. Currently the inside
is unfinished. There's nails exposed in the underside of the roof
sheathing as well as the walls.

I'm thinking of using drywall for the inside walls (and catheral ceiling).
My concern is that the drywall could get wet (she might leave the windows
open or the door).

Someone has suggested luan for the inside. So I'm looking for ideas. Any
suggestions?

Thanks
Bill Seurer

Karl Kingston wrote:
I'm thinking of using drywall for the inside walls (and catheral ceiling).
My concern is that the drywall could get wet (she might leave the windows
open or the door).

How about that drywall for use in showers and around baths? Water
doesn't bother it at all.
--

-Bill
Karl Kingston

In article ,
Bill Seurer wrote:
Karl Kingston wrote:
I'm thinking of using drywall for the inside walls (and catheral ceiling).
My concern is that the drywall could get wet (she might leave the windows
open or the door).

How about that drywall for use in showers and around baths? Water
doesn't bother it at all.

That's an idea. How long can it withstand being wet? Or will it just stay
intact no matter what?
Bill Seurer

Karl Kingston wrote:

In article ,
Bill Seurer wrote:

Karl Kingston wrote:

I'm thinking of using drywall for the inside walls (and catheral ceiling).
My concern is that the drywall could get wet (she might leave the windows
open or the door).

How about that drywall for use in showers and around baths? Water
doesn't bother it at all.

That's an idea. How long can it withstand being wet? Or will it just stay
intact no matter what?

There's a piece of it in a display at a local home store that's been in
water for several years now. It probably depends on the brand.
--

-Bill
Brikp

Don't use drywall, not even the waterproof kind called greenboard. Durock
will hold up but would be an ugly choice in my opinion. Like other have
suggested go with wood or nothing. You can clip the exposed nails or just
sheath the ceiling (I assume that's the only place where nails show) with
the ply then just paint the whole thing. You may also want to consider
paneling. Look for barn board or bead board siding, install vertically
inside may make a nice finish too.

. ..