kris

(Karl Kingston) wrote in message ...
As a labor of love to my 2 year old daughter, I built her a playhouse over
the summer.

Playhouse is 8'x6'. Did the framing, used T-111 for siding, and put an
asphalt roof on.

So now, I'm trying to decide how to do the inside. Currently the inside
is unfinished. There's nails exposed in the underside of the roof
sheathing as well as the walls.

I'm thinking of using drywall for the inside walls (and catheral ceiling).
My concern is that the drywall could get wet (she might leave the windows
open or the door).

Someone has suggested luan for the inside. So I'm looking for ideas. Any
suggestions?

Hi Karl

Here's an idea. How about using some 4x8 sheets of plywood 1/2" thick,
good one side.
1. Place the sheets horizontally, and if the wall height permits have
the plywood joints at 36" or so, off the floor.
2. Put some exterior type glue on the studs, put your plywood on, and
nail with finishing nails.
3. To finish, place square 3/4" pine stock in the corners, and a chair
rail around the walls to hide the plywood joints.
I don't know if the price of plywood in your area makes this feasible,
but it is paintable and durable. It sounds like your playhouse is well
protected from the elements, so that any exposure of water to the
plywood would be minimal or not at all.

Hope this helps
Enjoy kl.

Thanks