james b

(Karl Kingston) wrote in message ...
As a labor of love to my 2 year old daughter, I built her a playhouse over
the summer.

Playhouse is 8'x6'. Did the framing, used T-111 for siding, and put an
asphalt roof on.

So now, I'm trying to decide how to do the inside. Currently the inside
is unfinished. There's nails exposed in the underside of the roof
sheathing as well as the walls.

I'm thinking of using drywall for the inside walls (and catheral ceiling).
My concern is that the drywall could get wet (she might leave the windows
open or the door).

Someone has suggested luan for the inside. So I'm looking for ideas. Any
suggestions?

Thanks

Have you thought about using ceadar or redwood fence pickets for
lining the inside? These clean up pretty well with some sanding, and
since they are naturally decay resistant they should work pretty well
for this application. I don't know if you can paint them, but you
might find a suitable deck stain for coloring the inside.

I think the greenboard drywall only has a moisture resistant backing
on one side. If the stuff inside gets wet around the edges it would
likely rot and crumble. But if you feel real ambitious you could put
in concrete backer board and tile it all. Or maybe stuco staple some
wire mesh inside and stuco it.

- James B