Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

dhess

Default paint sprayer for trim and walls in new addition

I'm doing an addition on my home ( 1000 sq. ft.) and will be taking
care of the painting of both the trim and the walls (as well as the
exterior). I was hoping to paint the trim before it is put on the
walls.

I was hoping to get opinions on whether a sprayer would be of use for
trim work or not (I know it is useful for walls). Specifically, can
you do quality work with one.

Which type of sprayer would you recommend. I was looking at some HVLP
sprayers on-line but when I talked to a guy at Home Depot (who may or
may not know what he's talking about) he said HVLP was more for things
like painting a car. My impression is that I could do all of the tasks
I was hoping to do (walls, trim) with that type of sprayer. Should I
even consider an airless sprayer.

I'm willing to lay out $300 - $400 or so as doing the painting will
save me some good money.

Any help is appreciated.

Dave
Mike72903

HVLP sprayers are used by many woodworkers for a variety of finishes.
Inexpensive ones though lack the ability to spray thick paint like unthined
latex. Sound like your talking enough money to afford a good system. There
are also HVLP conversion guns available that use a regular compressor so if you
have an adequate sized air compressor you might consider one of those. Look
online at woodworking and finishing web sites and you;ll learn alot more than
from some guy working in Home Depot who in this case didn't know what he was
talking about.