Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Tom

Default Gold pin fell out of bottom of washer

A 1 3/4" gold colored pin fell out of the bottom of my new Whirlpool
Washer combo. It has a hole where another locking pin may go through.
This occured when I tipped it over for transport. I think this may
be an indicator for a technichician to know if the machine was ever
tipped over. Is this possible? Any clues what it is and where I
should put it? Tom

On 30 Aug 2004 16:29:46 -0700, someone wrote:

Any clues what it is and where I
should put it?

Oh my, what an open ended Q that could be!

Punch

tom that pin is normal, when a new washer is shipped there is a plastic
strap that prevents the "drum" from turning etc... when first hooking up a
new unit the strap (usually connected also to the plug) is pulled until the
internal pin comes off, and the drum can now spin freely, nothing to worry
about.

--

http://www.DollarRandomizer.com/?Punch

om...