DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gold pin fell out of bottom of washer (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/67304-gold-pin-fell-out-bottom-washer.html)

Tom August 31st 04 12:29 AM

Gold pin fell out of bottom of washer

A 1 3/4" gold colored pin fell out of the bottom of my new Whirlpool
Washer combo. It has a hole where another locking pin may go through.
This occured when I tipped it over for transport. I think this may
be an indicator for a technichician to know if the machine was ever
tipped over. Is this possible? Any clues what it is and where I
should put it? Tom

John Davies August 31st 04 03:11 AM

On 30 Aug 2004 16:29:46 -0700, (Tom) wrote:

A 1 3/4" gold colored pin fell out of the bottom of my new Whirlpool
Washer combo. It has a hole where another locking pin may go through.
This occured when I tipped it over for transport. I think this may
be an indicator for a technichician to know if the machine was ever
tipped over. Is this possible?

No.

Any clues what it is and where I
should put it? Tom

I think you should call the manufacturer, not the shop that sold it to
you, and ask them what it is for. If it is a critical part your washer
will likely quit working right away. If it is an extra one that
somehow fell into the housing, then throw it away.

John Davies TLCA 14732
http://home.comcast.net/~johnedavies/
'96 Lexus LX450
'00 Audi A4 1.8T quattro
Spokane WA USA

v August 31st 04 09:12 PM

On 30 Aug 2004 16:29:46 -0700, someone wrote:

Any clues what it is and where I
should put it?

Oh my, what an open ended Q that could be!

Punch September 6th 04 04:16 AM

tom that pin is normal, when a new washer is shipped there is a plastic
strap that prevents the "drum" from turning etc... when first hooking up a
new unit the strap (usually connected also to the plug) is pulled until the
internal pin comes off, and the drum can now spin freely, nothing to worry
about.

--

http://www.DollarRandomizer.com/?Punch

om...