Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

AJ

Default Maytag Repair sucks.

I just had the Maytag Repair Thug in my house to replace the
motherboard on my Jenn-Air stove. i kept getting an F7 error,
complete with the annoying beeping and the oven that won't operate. I
have to wait a week and a half for this guy to show up.

He wasn't gone 10 minutes when the F7 code began again. I called
Maytag Repair, waited the requisite 20 minutes before someone picked
up, and was told that I would have to wait until September 31st for
the thug to return. I'm supposed to call a "special number" tomorrow
to see if I can't get moved up.

I will never buy another Maytag item again, and when I get a new
stove, it's going to be a standard gas-burner with no electronic
parts. Damn, my old Kitchen Aid stove worked perfectly for over 50
years. This piece of crap has had 9 repairs in three years. Computer
controlled everything is not all it's cracked up to be.

AJ in Bayonne

eddy eagle

"RickyE" wrote in message thlink.net...
The Maytag repair guy is falling asleep waiting for a service call. What's
your problem?

"AJ" wrote in message
om...
[...]

It seems like a case of a company gone bad. Maytag used to make simple
machines that ran forever. Then they went nuts with technology. Their
Neptune washers for $1,000 were/are a nightmare. I know many that
returned them. My friend had one and the circuit board went bad on it
too. They drop shipped one out to her house for the repairman to
install. They must have drop shipped it at the factory because it was
broken when the undamaged box was opened.
GE has been the same over the last 12 years and more recently has
improved some. Simple stuff lasts longer.
TURTLE

"AJ" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Frigidaire bought them out. You are seeing a good product before the take over
and now the Trash you are dealing with now. I have all Whirlpool / Roper but i'm
having doughts about them too.

TURTLE