Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Tom Accuosti

Default Toilet stuff...

.... or maybe stuffed?

I've been having a problem with two toilets on the same floor, both of
which flush too slowly to completely remove everything. Generally, loose
paper and tissue still remains on the surface.

I've tried pouring the "professional strength" uncloggers down, and
interestingly, when I do that, they flush just fine -for that one time.
This makes me think that the heavier chemical is pulling the water,
etc., after it. Pouring a small bucket of hot water into the toilet
during the flush also works - for that one time.

I've jsut had the septic tank cleaned, and the tech said that the baffle
was clear. I'm not having problems with any other drain backing up or
even moving slowly, it's just the two toilets. I'm beginning to suspect
that something is in the pipe just downstream of the two bathrooms, but
I'm not sure where to go from here, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has
any ideas before I call a plumber or RotoRooter.

Thanks.

Speedy Jim

Tom Accuosti wrote:

[...]

Try the "bucket test" on them both.
Fill several buckets with water and dump them rapidly into the bowl.
If the water goes right down with no sign of overflowing, there
is no clog in the drain and no "venting issue".

It's quite possible that both toilets suffer from mineral deposits
clogging either the bowl rim jets or siphon jet (if they have one).

Do a GOOGLE Groups:
http://groups.google.com/

on newsgroup: alt.home.repair

100's of hits

Jim
Tom Accuosti

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
| Tom Accuosti wrote:
| |
| | ... or maybe stuffed?
| |
| | I've been having a problem with two toilets on the same floor, both
| | of which flush too slowly to completely remove everything.
| | Generally, loose paper and tissue still remains on the surface.
| |
| | I've tried pouring the "professional strength" uncloggers down, and
| | interestingly, when I do that, they flush just fine -for that one
| | time. This makes me think that the heavier chemical is pulling the
| | water, etc., after it. Pouring a small bucket of hot water into the
| | toilet during the flush also works - for that one time.
| |
| | I've jsut had the septic tank cleaned, and the tech said that the
| | baffle was clear. I'm not having problems with any other drain
| | backing up or even moving slowly, it's just the two toilets. I'm
| | beginning to suspect that something is in the pipe just downstream
| | of the two bathrooms, but I'm not sure where to go from here, so I
| | thought I'd ask if anyone has any ideas before I call a plumber or
| | RotoRooter.
| |
| | Thanks.
|
| Try the "bucket test" on them both.
| Fill several buckets with water and dump them rapidly into the bowl.
| If the water goes right down with no sign of overflowing, there
| is no clog in the drain and no "venting issue".
|
| It's quite possible that both toilets suffer from mineral deposits
| clogging either the bowl rim jets or siphon jet (if they have one).
|
| Do a GOOGLE Groups:
| http://groups.google.com/

| on newsgroup: alt.home.repair

Cool, didn' teven know that group existed! Thanks.