Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
lucy

Default Cracks in ceiling..advice?

Hi,
Older house, was built in the 60s I think, and lately I'm noticing something
like cracks in the ceiling in most of the rooms, but it's more of what looks
like a seam about to show. In all but one room, it hasn't come through the
paint yet, if that makes sense. In one room, it's an actual "crack" looks
like a sidewalk crack, very thin though, and has cracked the paint. Long
one. There are also some cracks near the door frames on the walls. I live in
Texas and have heard people say houses settle here a lot. Pier and beam
foundation, small house, just five rooms.

I cannot afford to move, fixed income, and it's just me, but I can still
climb a ladder if I'm careful. Will someone please tell me how to fix it? If
its serious? I don't have anyone I can call as far as family, and I rely on
this newsgroup a lot for information about this house and another one for my
garden.
Thank you all so much,
lucy

Foundation Cracks Bob W. Home Repair 3 December 22nd 03 05:39 PM
slope ceiling vs raised c barry martin Home Repair 1 November 20th 03 10:20 PM
How can I fix cracks in plaster of old house? Phil Munro Home Repair 5 October 18th 03 10:48 AM