Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Installing A New Kids Bike Tire; How ?

Hello,

Have to repair a kids bike's tire.

Got a new tire, and a new inner tube for.

Have never done this before.

Do I want to install the inner tube into the tire casing before
I try to force it over the rim ?

Or, do I want to put the tire on the rim first, and then try to get the
inner tube, somehow, in ?

Any hints would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
B.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

On 6/21/2017 5:21 AM, Bob wrote:
Hello,

Have to repair a kids bike's tire.

Got a new tire, and a new inner tube for.

Have never done this before.

Do I want to install the inner tube into the tire casing before
I try to force it over the rim ?

Or, do I want to put the tire on the rim first, and then try to get the
inner tube, somehow, in ?

Any hints would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
B.

Easiest way is to remove just one side of the tire from the rim. Start
by pushing the bead to the center of the rim width, then prying one
place of the tire over the rim while you make sure the diametrically
opposite part of the bead is centered so it can seat in the saddle of
the rim to minimize the effort needed. You can then pull the old tube
out, and then pull the valve out.

Then, reverse the process, carefully tucking the valve in and through
it's hole, then tuck the rest of the tube into the tire and rim, then,
being careful not to pinch the tube, seat the tire back into the rim,
being careful to push the bead half way around the tire into the center
of the rim as you put the last part of the tire onto the rim to make it
easy.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Hi,
Thanks for taking all the time to help me out; much appreciated.

But, I have to replace the Tire itself, as well as the Inner-Tube.

Best way ?

Bob

On 6/21/2017 4:44 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 6/21/2017 5:21 AM, Bob wrote:
[...]

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
Much appreciated.

But, I have to replace (and install) a new Tire, as well as the Inner Tube.

Best way ?

Bob

On 6/21/2017 4:44 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 6/21/2017 5:21 AM, Bob wrote:
[...]

Posted to misc.consumers.house

On 6/21/2017 4:44 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 6/21/2017 5:21 AM, Bob wrote:
[...]

Repeat the process to get the second bead of the tire off the rim, then
reverse the process to put on the new tire. It's not rocket science -
just be careful when working with the new tube to never let any tool
pinch the tube, which will put a hole in it. If you position most of the
tire carefully to the center of the rim as you pop the final part of the
bead over the rim, it should be easy. Learn by doing.

Old Coats Tire Man manual tire changer oldjag Metalworking 19 November 28th 19 11:18 PM
Kids bike rear wheel spoke issues - worth DIYing and how to? Jim K[_2_] UK diy 7 August 1st 10 11:08 PM
Bike lock (bike stolen) Dubber UK diy 35 November 5th 09 08:07 PM
A New Kind Of Bike Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 2 April 12th 05 09:11 PM
Kids, Kids' Projects & Fun charlieb Woodworking 0 August 14th 03 08:44 AM