Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default frig ripoff

Bought new whirlpool frig only to discover operating cost will be hundreds of dollars per year more than my 15 yo GE because water filter needs to be replaced monthly... they really stick it to consumers in the price for the filters... it far outweighs energy cost savings claimed for newer frigs. This ripoff is not mentioned in features described in sales materials.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

Frank wrote:

Bought new whirlpool frig only to discover operating cost will be
hundreds of dollars per year more than my 15 yo GE because water
filter needs to be replaced monthly... they really stick it to
consumers in the price for the filters... it far outweighs energy
cost savings claimed for newer frigs. This ripoff is not mentioned
in features described in sales materials.

You do NOT have to replace the water filter monthly! I replace mine
every year or so.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article ,
Frank wrote:
Bought new whirlpool frig only to discover operating cost will be
hundreds of dollars per year more than my 15 yo GE because water filter
needs to be replaced monthly... they really stick it to consumers in the
price for the filters... it far outweighs energy cost savings claimed
for newer frigs. This ripoff is not mentioned in features described in
sales materials.

How do they force you to change it monthly? If it not clogged, don't
bother changing. Or, install an external filter to prevent the "monthly"
filter from ever clogging.

Gary

indesit frig freezer Graham K. UK diy 14 September 14th 13 12:08 PM
Frig repair or buy a new one? [email protected] Home Repair 21 August 22nd 09 02:45 PM
frig won't restart BenG Home Repair 4 August 8th 09 03:55 PM
Frig trouble hankus Home Repair 4 July 26th 07 02:47 AM
Undercounter frig mike hide Home Repair 2 December 19th 04 06:47 PM