Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default electric fence to keep deer out?

An electric fence difenetely worked for us and kept the deers away. We tried so many things as well and nothing worked. The problem was I used to have red plastic insulators and that was killing the birds, apparently they are attracted to red.
I had the change all my insulators and had no more hummingbirds hanging from the fence and that solved the problem. I bought my electric fence for the deers directly through Fi-Shock and i found them to be very helpful when answering my questions about installation since I was a novice on this. Here is there site and the electric fence that I purchased.
http://www.fishock.com/store/electri...e-charger/deer

On Sunday, May 5, 1996 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Peter H. Gregory wrote:
Has anyone out there used an electric fence to keep deer out of the yard?

Our dilemma: we live at the edge of a great forest (yes, like buying a
home under a flight path, we were fully aware of the risks), and deer
wander through our yard and snack on spring growth too frequently.

Around here (near Seattle), common remedies (coyote urine, human hair,
irish spring soap) mostly don't work. My in-laws (also near Seattle)
solved their problem with an eight-foot-high bird-netting fence with
rebar every ten feet. But, with 400' bordering the woods, I'm not sure
I want to duplicate this.

It seems that an electric fence would not be too expensive to put up. But,
would it work?

Thanks...

-Peter & Corinne Gregory
Woodinville, Washington

Pete Gregory, at home

Internet:

It may be rice wine to you, but it's sake to me.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default electric fence to SPAM!

You had to go back to 1996 to find a context for your all too obvious SPAM.
Loser.

Electric Fence ChairMan Home Repair 3 May 2nd 09 04:19 AM
Electric Fence Robert Blass Home Repair 32 October 7th 08 09:49 PM
Electric fence Chuck Norisez[_3_] Electronics Repair 3 September 29th 08 02:30 AM
electric fence? longshot Home Repair 19 March 12th 07 09:36 PM
Electric Fence News Home Repair 10 August 26th 03 11:05 PM