Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,misc.consumers.house

Default localized swarm of flies in garage

I live in Northern California, for years, I've had a locallized swarm
of flies in my garage that are only around in the daytime hours, near
a conventional-sized door that leads into my backyard (I keep this
door open for various reasons - laundry access etc.). In the evening
and night they disapear. The garage is extremely clean. I have no idea
what is attracting them, especially when they leave when its no longer
light out.
I tried fly paper, which doesn't work.
Wondering if anyone else has some constructive ideas
Thanks
Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair

I'm cross-reposting this to alt.home.repair, where it will be seen by
many more people that the original groups it was posted to
(alt.consumers.pest-control, misc.consumers.house).

(I for one have no suggestions for the control or eradication of these
flies)

techman41973 wrote:

I live in Northern California, for years, I've had a locallized swarm
of flies in my garage that are only around in the daytime hours, near
a conventional-sized door that leads into my backyard (I keep this
door open for various reasons - laundry access etc.). In the evening
and night they disapear. The garage is extremely clean. I have no idea
what is attracting them, especially when they leave when its no longer
light out.

I tried fly paper, which doesn't work.
Wondering if anyone else has some constructive ideas
Thanks

Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair

techman41973 wrote:

I live in Northern California, for years, I've had a locallized swarm
of flies in my garage that are only around in the daytime hours, near
a conventional-sized door that leads into my backyard (I keep this
door open for various reasons - laundry access etc.). In the evening
and night they disapear. The garage is extremely clean. I have no idea
what is attracting them, especially when they leave when its no longer
light out.

I tried fly paper, which doesn't work.
Wondering if anyone else has some constructive ideas
Thanks

I've used a ShopVac to remove ground wasps; perhaps you could vacuum
them up.

The first thing I'd do, though, is wait until dark and close the door.
Next morning, all the files will be on one side of the door; that will
tell you if the source is in your garage or your back yard. I suspect
it's your back yard. If you can locate where they're breeding, you can
spray them (or remove what they're breeding in).

Gary

Flies LSMFT Home Repair 24 April 7th 10 03:31 PM
O/T: They Are Dropping Like Flies Lew Hodgett[_4_] Woodworking 12 September 18th 09 11:02 AM
I have flies Thomas Home Repair 5 August 9th 09 03:57 PM
Cluster flies Staffbull UK diy 6 October 15th 06 10:04 PM
bee swarm question for the bee experts Tim Mitchell UK diy 50 June 26th 05 10:24 PM