Tim Mitchell

Default bee swarm question for the bee experts

While we were out yesterday, our neighbour says that a swarm of bees
gathered around a tree in our garden (would've liked to have seen it,
shame we were out). Apparently it stayed a bit and then flew on.

However there are still about 20 or 30 bees hanging around the tree.
They are all landing on a particular spot on one branch and taking off
again. My theory was that they had somehow got separated from the main
swarm but could smell (or something) where it had been on the tree and
keep going back there. But am no expert on bees, so maybe one of our
resident uk.diy bee experts can explain what they are doing.
--
Tim Mitchell
Mary Fisher

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message
While we were out yesterday, our neighbour says that a swarm of bees
gathered around a tree in our garden (would've liked to have seen it,
shame we were out). Apparently it stayed a bit and then flew on.

However there are still about 20 or 30 bees hanging around the tree. They
are all landing on a particular spot on one branch and taking off again.
My theory was that they had somehow got separated from the main swarm but
could smell (or something) where it had been on the tree and keep going
back there. But am no expert on bees, so maybe one of our resident uk.diy
bee experts can explain what they are doing.

Even though the swarm clusters on a site (in this case a branch) some bees
will still be flying off, mostly 'scouting' to find a new home. The branch
is only a temporary stop to help them, as it were, assess the situation :-)

When the information about a suitable location has been transmitted to the
colony (by 'dancing' on the surface of the cluster) the whole lot will zoom
off with no delay. This is different from the swirling flight round the
branch while the cluster is settling. There's no hanging about, they mean
business.

But some of the scouts haven't returned, when they do they have no idea
where their sisters and mother (the 'queen') have gone, they've been
abandoned. Some might remember where they came from (the hive) but returning
to the old site is unusual. However, because individual bees can't live long
without the colony they will die after, say, a couple of days.

It's Nature!

Mary

Tim Mitchell

In article , Mary
Fisher writes

[...]

Thanks Mary, that is interesting to know. I ask because my wife is a bit
worried they are setting up home there, but I've sat and watched them
and I don't think they are, it's just the same few bees circling around
the branch.

Maybe I can use them for bee aversion therapy for her. She knows it's
silly to be scared of bees but for some reason she just can't get over
it.
--
Tim Mitchell
Mary Fisher

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message

Thanks Mary, that is interesting to know. I ask because my wife is a bit
worried they are setting up home there, but I've sat and watched them and
I don't think they are, it's just the same few bees circling around the
branch.

Yes, poor little homeless waifs :-(

Maybe I can use them for bee aversion therapy for her. She knows it's
silly to be scared of bees but for some reason she just can't get over it.

No, don't. I'm not criticising your wife but in this situation it's just as
well that she doesn't go near them.

As I said, they can't live long without the colony, worse, without the
colony cohesion the bees are, in our terms, distressed. They could be very
defensive. Swarming bees are the most gentle (in our terms) imaginable, they
don't want to defend anything, they have no brood to care for, they're full
of honey so it's difficult for them to position their tails so that they can
sting - beekeepers often run their hands through a cluster. But when they've
been alone for a day or so, without that 'support', no home and totally
disoriented, they can be very different.

It's a dependence on the chemical which we unimaginatively call 'queen
substance' (I do know the chemical name if you want it!) which the queen
exudes and is passed round the colony continuously, to every bee both within
the hive and outside it while in a swarm. It's a marvellous process. If a
queen is removed from a colony, within as short a time as twenty minutes the
bees are unhandleable, defensive, can sting for apparently no reason.

So keep your wife away from those few waifs, they won't be there long. If
she were stung by one it could confirm her fears about all bees and that
would be a shame.

Mary
--
Tim Mitchell

Tim Mitchell

In article , Mary
Fisher writes

[...]

OK will do, thanks for the warning!
--
Tim Mitchell

Andy Hall

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:26:50 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

It's a dependence on the chemical which we unimaginatively call 'queen
substance' (I do know the chemical name if you want it!) which the queen
exudes and is passed round the colony continuously, to every bee both within
the hive and outside it while in a swarm. It's a marvellous process. If a
queen is removed from a colony, within as short a time as twenty minutes the
bees are unhandleable, defensive, can sting for apparently no reason.

Is this chemical (pheramone?) individual per queen?

In other words, in cases where there are multiple colonies in a small
area such as a group of hives, is it used by the bees to identify
which is their colony as opposed to others?

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

http://www.diybanter.com

Mary Fisher

wrote:

It's a dependence on the chemical which we unimaginatively call 'queen
substance' (I do know the chemical name if you want it!) which the queen
exudes and is passed round the colony continuously, to every bee both
within
the hive and outside it while in a swarm. It's a marvellous process. If a
queen is removed from a colony, within as short a time as twenty minutes
the
bees are unhandleable, defensive, can sting for apparently no reason.

Is this chemical (pheramone?) individual per queen?

It is a pheromone of course and no, it's universal. There are other things
to consider when replacing one queen with another in a hive but it's nothing
to do with queen substance.

In other words, in cases where there are multiple colonies in a small
area such as a group of hives, is it used by the bees to identify
which is their colony as opposed to others?

No, that's geography and vision related. If you have two hives, left and
right, side by side and you switch them the bees from left A will return to
right, and vice versa, after foraging.

If you remove one they will all return to the other. If you introduce a
third it causes some confusion!

The same applies to even a long line of hives - but it's not recommended to
do site them like that because of drifting. The hive at the windward end
always ends up lighter than the one at the leeward end.

Some beekeepers mark the front of each hive with simple shapes for
identification. positioning the hives in different aspects is another ploy.

Visible landmarks are more important than anything else. Remember that
multiple colonies in a small area isn't the norm, honey bees are woodland
creatures and their natural home is a hollow tree.

Pheromones are only effective inside the hive.

I hope this helps :-)

Mary

Andy Hall

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:04:25 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Yes it does. I've always wondered about this. In my early 20s I
used to help a couple of elderly ladies (then well into their 90s and
sadly no longer with us) with their gardening. They had a plot of
land equivalent to that for three extra houses next to theirs near the
town centre. They grew vegetables, kept many hives (randomly placed)
as well as the proverbial chickens of course, and some rabbits for the
table. Visiting them was a delight because it was like going back
to the 1920s. Their house hadn't been redecorated since their father
had done it then and they saw no reason to change it or the orginal
lino everywhere.

In the summer months they would often camp out on their piece of land
with an older army tent and camp beds.

I was shown the beekeeping equipment, the pride piece of which was a
mechanical extractor looking like a kind of spindryer with a big
handle like a mangle. How on earth they operated it, I don't know,
but they did. However, they would never tell me some of the Deeper
Magic of beekeeping, and hive placement was one of them.

Now I know, and I am pretty sure that they did as well.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

http://www.diybanter.com

Mary Fisher

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

In my early 20s I
used to help a couple of elderly ladies (then well into their 90s and
sadly no longer with us) with their gardening. They had a plot of
land equivalent to that for three extra houses next to theirs near the
town centre. They grew vegetables, kept many hives (randomly placed)
as well as the proverbial chickens of course, and some rabbits for the
table. Visiting them was a delight because it was like going back
to the 1920s. Their house hadn't been redecorated since their father
had done it then and they saw no reason to change it or the orginal
lino everywhere.

Sounds like most of our house! What's the point of fixing it if it ain't
broke?

In the summer months they would often camp out on their piece of land
with an older army tent and camp beds.

Oh wonderful! I wish we had room for that. Especially these last two nights
:-(

I was shown the beekeeping equipment, the pride piece of which was a
mechanical extractor looking like a kind of spindryer with a big
handle like a mangle. How on earth they operated it, I don't know,
but they did.

There's a 'cage' inside into wish the wooden frames containing honeycomb are
fitted. The wax capping which seal the honey into cells is sliced off each
side first. When the handle is wound the cage turns and honey is thrown out
of the combs.

There are three types, the 'radial' holds combs at right angles to the
centre spindle. It's unlikely that theirs was that kind. The others are
'tangential', where the frames are parallel to the sides of the drum. In one
tangential type you have to remove the frames to turn them round to extract
the other face of the comb. There's an older version - I had one and loved
it, whereby when you reverse the direction of the handle an ingenious device
turns the individual cages to expose the other side of the frames to the
drum. It's not easy to explain ...

However, they would never tell me some of the Deeper
Magic of beekeeping, and hive placement was one of them.

Some people are very secretive, it's a shame but in a way I can understand
it. It does make you seem very clever, almost mystic, part of a secret cult,
if you don't give everything away!

Now I know, and I am pretty sure that they did as well.

I suspect so. The very fact that they randomly placed hives shows that.

Mary

Tim Mitchell

In article , Geoffrey
writes
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 20:29:50 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

Yes it does. I've always wondered about this. In my early 20s I
used to help a couple of elderly ladies (then well into their 90s and
sadly no longer with us) with their gardening. They had a plot of
land equivalent to that for three extra houses next to theirs near the
town centre.

Just out of interest, has that house now been demolished and a block
of affordable housing (i.e. overpriced, ugly flats) with insufficient
parking built in its place?

This bee thread has been fascinating!

Just to complete the story of the "Left behind" bees, they have all now
gone as Mary said they would. Occasionally a passing bee will visit the
branch where the swarm was and then fly on.
--
Tim Mitchell

Mary Fisher

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message

This bee thread has been fascinating!

Just to complete the story of the "Left behind" bees, they have all now
gone as Mary said they would. Occasionally a passing bee will visit the
branch where the swarm was and then fly on.

So your wife's safe and happy :-)

Thanks for the update.

Mary

--
Tim Mitchell

Tim Mitchell

In article , Mary
Fisher writes

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message

This bee thread has been fascinating!

Just to complete the story of the "Left behind" bees, they have all now
gone as Mary said they would. Occasionally a passing bee will visit the
branch where the swarm was and then fly on.

So your wife's safe and happy :-)

Indeed. I think she was envisioning having to stay out of the garden for
the rest of the summer.
--
Tim Mitchell
T i m

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:44:48 +0100, Tim Mitchell
wrote:

Just to complete the story of the "Left behind" bees, they have all now
gone as Mary said they would. Occasionally a passing bee will visit the
branch where the swarm was and then fly on.

Mary voice simulator on

Ah, they will be special bee baliffs trying to collect overdue rent
for the hive the others all left 'in a hurry' because of illegal honey
trading.

MVM off

T i m ;-)
Mary Fisher

wrote:

Just to complete the story of the "Left behind" bees, they have all now
gone as Mary said they would. Occasionally a passing bee will visit the
branch where the swarm was and then fly on.

Mary voice simulator on

Ah, they will be special bee baliffs trying to collect overdue rent
for the hive the others all left 'in a hurry' because of illegal honey
trading.

MVM off

You haven't been taking notice of the lecture, have you!

Go stand in a corner and I'll deal with you later ...

Mary

Andy Hall

wrote:

Yes it does. I've always wondered about this. In my early 20s I
used to help a couple of elderly ladies (then well into their 90s and
sadly no longer with us) with their gardening. They had a plot of
land equivalent to that for three extra houses next to theirs near the
town centre.

Just out of interest, has that house now been demolished and a block
of affordable housing (i.e. overpriced, ugly flats) with insufficient
parking built in its place?

I think that the house is probably still there, but I believe that the
land was sold for development into overpriced ugly flats with no
parking.

This bee thread has been fascinating!

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

http://www.diybanter.com

Andy Hall

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 23:04:47 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Just to complete the story of the "Left behind" bees, they have all now
gone as Mary said they would. Occasionally a passing bee will visit the
branch where the swarm was and then fly on.

Mary voice simulator on

Ah, they will be special bee baliffs trying to collect overdue rent
for the hive the others all left 'in a hurry' because of illegal honey
trading.

MVM off

You haven't been taking notice of the lecture, have you!

Go stand in a corner and I'll deal with you later ...

Mary

So's it going to be a whacking or a caning?

Enquiring minds need to know.....

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

http://www.diybanter.com

RichardS

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 23:04:47 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

Just to complete the story of the "Left behind" bees, they have all now
gone as Mary said they would. Occasionally a passing bee will visit the
branch where the swarm was and then fly on.

Mary voice simulator on

Ah, they will be special bee baliffs trying to collect overdue rent
for the hive the others all left 'in a hurry' because of illegal honey
trading.

MVM off

You haven't been taking notice of the lecture, have you!

Go stand in a corner and I'll deal with you later ...

Mary

So's it going to be a whacking or a caning?

Enquiring minds need to know.....

As a fine Yorkshire woman, I expect Mary will be taking 'er belt off to 'im.

--
Richard Sampson

mail me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

Mary Fisher

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 23:04:47 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

Just to complete the story of the "Left behind" bees, they have all now
gone as Mary said they would. Occasionally a passing bee will visit the
branch where the swarm was and then fly on.

Mary voice simulator on

Ah, they will be special bee baliffs trying to collect overdue rent
for the hive the others all left 'in a hurry' because of illegal honey
trading.

MVM off

You haven't been taking notice of the lecture, have you!

Go stand in a corner and I'll deal with you later ...

Mary

So's it going to be a whacking or a caning?

Enquiring minds need to know.....

Which would be preferred by the miscreant?

Mary

Mary Fisher

wrote:

Just to complete the story of the "Left behind" bees, they have all now
gone as Mary said they would. Occasionally a passing bee will visit the
branch where the swarm was and then fly on.

Mary voice simulator on

Ah, they will be special bee baliffs trying to collect overdue rent
for the hive the others all left 'in a hurry' because of illegal honey
trading.

MVM off

You haven't been taking notice of the lecture, have you!

Go stand in a corner and I'll deal with you later ...

Mary

So's it going to be a whacking or a caning?

Enquiring minds need to know.....

As a fine Yorkshire woman, I expect Mary will be taking 'er belt off to
'im.

Don't wear 'em. But I have my Grandad's military belt from the Great War
which has occasionally been utilised.

Mary

Andy Hall

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:05:32 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

You haven't been taking notice of the lecture, have you!

Go stand in a corner and I'll deal with you later ...

Mary

So's it going to be a whacking or a caning?

Enquiring minds need to know.....

Which would be preferred by the miscreant?

Mary

Well... one doesn't hear of bamboo fetishism.....

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

http://www.diybanter.com

Mary Fisher

wrote:

You haven't been taking notice of the lecture, have you!

Go stand in a corner and I'll deal with you later ...

Mary

So's it going to be a whacking or a caning?

Enquiring minds need to know.....

Which would be preferred by the miscreant?

Mary

Well... one doesn't hear of bamboo fetishism.....

Being clever won't help.

I'm waiting ...

arms folded, tapping foot

Mary

--

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

http://www.diybanter.com

T i m

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:57:53 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

arms folded, tapping foot

Tim runs up, puts a wasp in Mary's ginger beer and runs away ..
s******

Mary Fisher

wrote:

arms folded, tapping foot

Tim runs up, puts a wasp in Mary's ginger beer and runs away ..

What's this in my ginger beer?

Oh, a wasp- poor thing, it's drowning ...

fishes it out, blows gently to help dry it, watches while if cleans itself
on my finger then flies away

Good deed for the day :-)

Mary
s******

T i m

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:38:07 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

arms folded, tapping foot

Tim runs up, puts a wasp in Mary's ginger beer and runs away ..

What's this in my ginger beer?

Oh, a wasp- poor thing, it's drowning ...

fishes it out, blows gently to help dry it, watches while if cleans itself
on my finger then flies away

Good deed for the day :-)

Mary
s******

Tim sees this from round the corner

Damn!

Oh and if I have a choice .. a thin leather belt soaked in cerosote
substitute please ;-)

T i m
Mary Fisher

"T i m" wrote in message
On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:38:07 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

arms folded, tapping foot

Tim runs up, puts a wasp in Mary's ginger beer and runs away ..

What's this in my ginger beer?

Oh, a wasp- poor thing, it's drowning ...

fishes it out, blows gently to help dry it, watches while it cleans
itself
on my finger then flies away

Good deed for the day :-)

Mary
s******

Tim sees this from round the corner

Damn!

Oh and if I have a choice .. a thin leather belt soaked in cerosote
substitute please ;-)

Prepare yourself in whatever way will give you the most satisfaction.

I'll have a good night's sleep to prepare myself.

Mary

T i m

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 23:23:00 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Oh and if I have a choice .. a thin leather belt soaked in cerosote
substitute please ;-)

Prepare yourself in whatever way will give you the most satisfaction.

Tim stuffs some books down the back of his trousers "ready"

I'll have a good night's sleep to prepare myself.

In this heat .. or are you back in the wigwam?

Mary

T i m ;-)
Mary Fisher

wrote:

Oh and if I have a choice .. a thin leather belt soaked in cerosote
substitute please ;-)

Prepare yourself in whatever way will give you the most satisfaction.

Tim stuffs some books down the back of his trousers "ready"

Right, here we go ...

thwack

THWACK

Stop smirking!

T H WA C K K K K !

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

er - I am thrashing the right miscreant I hope ...

I'll have a good night's sleep to prepare myself.

In this heat .. or are you back in the wigwam?

None of your business!

Mary

T i m

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:45:28 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Oh and if I have a choice .. a thin leather belt soaked in cerosote
substitute please ;-)

Prepare yourself in whatever way will give you the most satisfaction.

Tim stuffs some books down the back of his trousers "ready"

Right, here we go ...

thwack

hmm

THWACK

nice .. ;-)

Stop smirking!

"I'm a non smirker!"

T H WA C K K K K !

Ouch I wasn't ready for that!!
.
.

er - I am thrashing the right miscreant I hope ...

"Oh yes Sir / Miss / Mam . it wos me that dun it that's for sure
....s****** "

I'll have a good night's sleep to prepare myself.

In this heat .. or are you back in the wigwam?

None of your business!

Hey, you changed your tune ... one min you are telling me how nice it
is for 'your group' to sleep naked in the wigwam these warm nights
then you tell me to mind my beeswax .. shrugs and turns away

Anyway .. do you also have a cane ... please ?

You naughty boy ..

T i m
EricP

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:05:26 +0100, Tim Mitchell
babbled like a waterfall and said:

While we were out yesterday, our neighbour says that a swarm of bees
gathered around a tree in our garden (would've liked to have seen it,
shame we were out). Apparently it stayed a bit and then flew on.

However there are still about 20 or 30 bees hanging around the tree.
They are all landing on a particular spot on one branch and taking off
again. My theory was that they had somehow got separated from the main
swarm but could smell (or something) where it had been on the tree and
keep going back there. But am no expert on bees, so maybe one of our
resident uk.diy bee experts can explain what they are doing.

The site on the branch had the chemistry of the Queen on it. They
simply made for it. In the absence of further signals they will just
die off.

Mary Fisher

"T i m" wrote in message
news
thwack

hmm

THWACK

nice .. ;-)

Stop smirking!

"I'm a non smirker!"

You can't hide it, I saw you!

T H WA C K K K K !

Ouch I wasn't ready for that!!

Good.
.
.

er - I am thrashing the right miscreant I hope ...

"Oh yes Sir / Miss / Mam . it wos me that dun it that's for sure
...s****** "

Well, to test you I'll stop. Now.

I'll have a good night's sleep to prepare myself.

In this heat .. or are you back in the wigwam?

None of your business!

Hey, you changed your tune ... one min you are telling me how nice it
is for 'your group' to sleep naked in the wigwam these warm nights

I'm not a member of any group. You've been consorting with someone else ...

Anyway .. do you also have a cane ... please ?

That's not what you said you wanted.

You naughty boy ..

er - wrong again ...

Mary

T i m

raden

In message , T i m
writes
wrote:

[...]

Alt.binary.apiary.bdsm ----------------------------------------- that
way
--
geoff
Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message
In message , T i m
writes
wrote:

[...]

Yes, but they're not as much fun as doing it yourself :-)

Mary
--
geoff

T i m

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 21:51:10 GMT, raden wrote:

Anyway .. do you also have a cane ... please ?

You naughty boy ..

(should have been a sig *your* naughty boy ..) doh

T i m

Alt.binary.apiary.bdsm ----------------------------------------- that
way

LOL .. thanks for that ;-)

T i m
T i m

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 21:44:40 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

er - I am thrashing the right miscreant I hope ...

"Oh yes Sir / Miss / Mam . it wos me that dun it that's for sure
...s****** "

Well, to test you I'll stop. Now.

sings "Mary caaan't hurt me .. ner ner ne ner ner" that should do
it

I'm not a member of any group. You've been consorting with someone else ...

Er 'hello' .. don't we paint ourself in wode and join in some
communial fun at special weekends ...?

Anyway .. do you also have a cane ... please ?

That's not what you said you wanted.

Doh ..! thinks .. "Ha ha, Mary hasn't got a cane and it wouldn't
hurt if she used it on me anyway .." wistles

You naughty boy ..

er - wrong again ...

*Your* naughtly boy ..

Now ... back to those dancing wasps ... ;-)

T i m (or "Tina" at the weekend)

Mary Fisher

"T i m" wrote in message

Well, to test you I'll stop. Now.

sings "Mary caaan't hurt me .. ner ner ne ner ner" that should do
it

Masochist: Beat me, beat me!

Sadist: No.

I'm not a member of any group. You've been consorting with someone else

Er 'hello' .. don't we paint ourself in wode and join in some
communial fun at special weekends ...?

No.

Anyway .. do you also have a cane ... please ?

That's not what you said you wanted.

Doh ..! thinks .. "Ha ha, Mary hasn't got a cane and it wouldn't
hurt if she used it on me anyway .." wistles

You know, you really ought to use your spellchecker :-)

You naughty boy ..

er - wrong again ...

*Your* naughtly boy ..

Dwahling!

Now ... back to those dancing wasps ... ;-)

What about them?

T i m (or "Tina" at the weekend)

What do you dress yourself in at weekends?

:-)

Mary

T i m

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 09:25:55 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Doh ..! thinks .. "Ha ha, Mary hasn't got a cane and it wouldn't
hurt if she used it on me anyway .." wistles

You know, you really ought to use your spellchecker :-)

If you know of an easy to used free one that will work with FreeAgent
I'd be more than happy to use it ;-( (and that was a typo whistles
...?)

Now ... back to those dancing wasps ... ;-)

What about them?

Well, they seem to get lost even more than bees?

Firstly, they seem to confuse rubbish bins with their nest?

Once lost they resort to a game of 'hide and seek' and found that's
most effective when using my can of shandy ;-(

T i m (or "Tina" at the weekend)

What do you dress yourself in at weekends?

Oh, that reminds me .. I'll pop those floral creton frocks in the post
asap (thanks for the loan).

All the best ..

Tina (it's the weekend) ;-)

Mary Fisher

news
wrote:

Doh ..! thinks .. "Ha ha, Mary hasn't got a cane and it wouldn't
hurt if she used it on me anyway .." wistles

You know, you really ought to use your spellchecker :-)

If you know of an easy to used free one that will work with FreeAgent
I'd be more than happy to use it ;-( (and that was a typo whistles
..?)

How about 'wode' and 'communial'?

Now ... back to those dancing wasps ... ;-)

What about them?

Well, they seem to get lost even more than bees?

No they don't.

Firstly, they seem to confuse rubbish bins with their nest?

No they don't. They don't spend nights in rubbish bins, they just go
foraging in them, like somepeople go to T*sc*. If people didn't discard food
and drink there'd be nothing for wasps (or mice, rats, fox, what you will).

Once lost they resort to a game of 'hide and seek' and found that's
most effective when using my can of shandy ;-(

Servies you right for drinking it. They don't come after my champagne ...
:-)

T i m (or "Tina" at the weekend)

What do you dress yourself in at weekends?

Oh, that reminds me .. I'll pop those floral creton frocks in the post
asap (thanks for the loan).

I think you mean 'cretonne'.

And you'll be sending them to the wrong person, I only have one frock, which
gets hauled out for weddings, funerals, baptisms, barmitsvahs and special
anniversary parties. It's blue paisley cotton.

We're having a Two Birthdays and a Terrace Party tonight but I'll be in
jeans or shorts, it being casual ... although the food and drink are very
klegant.

Mary

raden

In message , T i m
writes
wrote:

er - I am thrashing the right miscreant I hope ...

"Oh yes Sir / Miss / Mam . it wos me that dun it that's for sure
...s****** "

Well, to test you I'll stop. Now.

sings "Mary caaan't hurt me .. ner ner ne ner ner" that should do
it

I'm not a member of any group. You've been consorting with someone else ...

Er 'hello' .. don't we paint ourself in wode and join in some
communial fun at special weekends ...?

Anyway .. do you also have a cane ... please ?

That's not what you said you wanted.

Doh ..! thinks .. "Ha ha, Mary hasn't got a cane and it wouldn't
hurt if she used it on me anyway .." wistles

Tim, Mary is a senior citizen with a bus pass

--
geoff
T i m

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 19:00:43 GMT, raden wrote:

Doh ..! thinks .. "Ha ha, Mary hasn't got a cane and it wouldn't
hurt if she used it on me anyway .." wistles

Tim, Mary is a senior citizen with a bus pass

I know?

T i m

Owain

Mary Fisher wrote:
"T i m" wrote
wistles

You know, you really ought to use your spellchecker :-)

I think Tim was wistling whistfully.

Owain

Tricky bearing repacking question ss Metalworking 4 January 27th 05 10:21 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs UK diy 5 March 26th 04 01:36 AM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Ownership 2 March 25th 04 07:03 PM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM