Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default need advice painting/staining concrete driveway

hi all,

we moved into a house w concrete driveway about 4 years ago. the
driveway was a bright shiny terracota paint or stain (not sure).
after about 4 years it started wearing, fading and some chipping so we
decided to make it nice again. went to benjamin moore and they sold me
"tuff top". i chose a nice dark brown color. this was a month ago.
the guy told me i didn't need a primer. just pressure clean the
driveway and paint over. i gave it 2 coats. looked great for 2 weeks.
now it's chipping off everywhere!

so i go back to benjamin moore, ask for the guy. i'm told he's gone
which is no surprise. new guy tells me to pressure clean off the tuff
top and use a concrete stain called "bond-crete".

anyway, before i go and spend a whole bunch of cash again, i thought
i'd go to home depot and get their opinion and then i thought of you
guys, can you help? any ideas? yes, i drive over this every day.
and i'm in florida so it's hot and the tires get hot. what's weird is
that what was there before, whatever it was, lasted a good 4 years.
it looked like paint w a sealer over it maybe? someone told me to use
"boat paint"? anyway, i just want something that will stick for at
least afew years. i'm in florida so it's hot, tires are hot but there
should be something i can use. ALSO, i rolled it on in one part of
the driveway and used the paint spraying device in the other part.
seems to be sticking better in the part i rolled on.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks,