MEI

Default Staining\Painting Spa Cover?

I have one of those thick foam, vinyl covered spa covers which tough in
pretty good shape structurally is bleached out so it looks pretty ghetto.
What can I use to breathe some color back in to the vinyl? It's currently a
bleached light brown.
Thanks!
Jeffrey

willshak

On 12/23/2004 2:28 PM US(ET), MEI took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

I have one of those thick foam, vinyl covered spa covers which tough in
pretty good shape structurally is bleached out so it looks pretty ghetto.
What can I use to breathe some color back in to the vinyl? It's currently a
bleached light brown.
Thanks!
Jeffrey

Plasticote makes a vinyl spray paint in various colors. I did the whole
interior of a 68 Mustang way back when with it.
http://www.plastikote.com/plastikote...uct=UltraVinyl

--
Bill

Cars used to have vinyl tops and the dressing that was used to spruce
them up was just shoe polish with a different name.

Get some brown shoe polish/stain apply and buff. I doubt it'll last
more than a couple months.

Try the local auto parts type stores and look in the paint section.
There are spray cans of paint made for auto vinyl upholstery. I would
think that would have the characteristics, including standing up to UV,
that you need. I used it to spray some of the cushion trim on my boat
and it worked great. A year later its still there with no peeling.