Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Using electrical goods from Europe in the UK..?

Hi all

I'm in the UK and have just got a new (musical) keyboard from Ebay that was
sent from Belgium. I've just discovered it's got completely different power
needs - it uses 220 volts and has a 2-pronged plug that looks like one that
comes with electric razors. I've been advised that it will be ok to simply
use a razor adaptor or even to cut off the plug and attach a normal plug
with a 3 amp fuse. Can someone confirm if this is true as this is an
expensive piece of kit and I don't want to blow it up!!

cheers

Posted to misc.consumers.house

dustie wrote:
Hi all

I'm in the UK and have just got a new (musical) keyboard from Ebay that was
sent from Belgium. I've just discovered it's got completely different power
needs - it uses 220 volts and has a 2-pronged plug that looks like one that
comes with electric razors. I've been advised that it will be ok to simply
use a razor adaptor or even to cut off the plug and attach a normal plug
with a 3 amp fuse. Can someone confirm if this is true as this is an
expensive piece of kit and I don't want to blow it up!!

cheers

UK uses same voltage and freq (50 Hz) as Euro;
you're good to go with either the adapter or new 3Amp plug.

Details if needed:
http://kropla.com/electric2.htm

Jim