Gary Cavie

Default Stolen goods

Just had a visit from the smash'n'grab brigade :-(

If you, or anybody you know, should get offered any of the following,
could you please let either me know, or Essex Police on 01206 762212,
crime ref 0001/4th Jan:

Grey Tool box, BT logo on lid, various screwdrivers, cutters, small tools
etc (don't hold out much hope for this one...)

110v site transformer, Yellow, 3kW. Label on side from Tiptree Hire
Centre, and serial number painted on of C616

Bosch Wall Chaser, 110v, batterred grey metal case with serial number
WC01 and Tiptree Hire Centre sticker as before.

Robin KTS1610 tester, unfortunately no distinguishing marks, other than
canvas case a bit scuffed. Calibration certificate (with serial no :-( )
inside.

Fortunately, my 8 year old looked out of the window and saw them, which
scared them off before they could grab anything else. It's a white
Transit, with two blokes, one wearing a blue jacket with a yellow stripe.

I know it's a long shot, but it might just work!

Thanks

Gary
BigWallop

"Gary Cavie" wrote in message
t...
[...]

Ouch !!! It hurts. Didn't you have an alarm on the vehicle? Sorry to rub it
in, but don't leave the van un-attended without the alarm set.

Eyes are peeled for anything you mention here though, but a look through the
local pubs on the night it happened might have been a better idea.

We had some quite expensive garden things taken some years ago, and I caught the
*******s in the pub two streets away trying to sell them on. They got a fright
when I turned up with two police vans full of cops to have them give the gnomes
back to me. Handy things mobile phones.

I think I can safely bet that you won't let it happen again.

Lurch

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 02:47:00 GMT, "BigWallop"
strung together this:

Eyes are peeled for anything you mention here though, but a look through the
local pubs on the night it happened might have been a better idea.

I kind of got the idea it happened within the last couple of hours.
What usually happens is that the stuff is all lobbed in a big van and
taken up the M1 somewhere and swapped for dodgy northern gear that's
sold down in Essex.
..
We had some quite expensive garden things taken some years ago, and I caught the
*******s in the pub two streets away trying to sell them on. They got a fright
when I turned up with two police vans full of cops to have them give the gnomes
back to me. Handy things mobile phones.

Lucky, I've never recovered anything I've ever had nicked.

I think I can safely bet that you won't let it happen again.

There's no 'let' about it, it happens.
--

SJW
BigWallop

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 02:47:00 GMT, "BigWallop"
strung together this:

Eyes are peeled for anything you mention here though, but a look through the
local pubs on the night it happened might have been a better idea.

I kind of got the idea it happened within the last couple of hours.

I see it now Lurch. The crime number is on the 4th, and this is now the 4th, of
course. It's jet lag. I haven't travelled from 2004 time yet. :-)

Andy Hall

wrote:

We had some quite expensive garden things taken some years ago, and I caught the
*******s in the pub two streets away trying to sell them on. They got a fright
when I turned up with two police vans full of cops to have them give the gnomes
back to me. Handy things mobile phones.

You wanted gnomes back?

I thought you might have offered the "removers" something for taking
them off your hands :-)

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
The Natural Philosopher

.

We had some quite expensive garden things taken some years ago, and I caught the
*******s in the pub two streets away trying to sell them on. They got a fright
when I turned up with two police vans full of cops to have them give the gnomes
back to me. Handy things mobile phones.

Lucky, I've never recovered anything I've ever had nicked.

I have, and frankly I would rather have not.

Since the insurance refused to pay out for the recovered items,and the
police wanted them for evidence for 18 months.

Mind you I did get 3/4 of a car back once, and it was eventually repaired.

I think I can safely bet that you won't let it happen again.

There's no 'let' about it, it happens.

Always.