Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default water well, need to cut power to get weel to run

INTERMITENT WELL PUMP ISSUE FOR 3 YEARS
Every so often twice a month, I have to cut the power to the pump wait 1-15
minutes to get well to start up again.It acts like a thermal condition. The
weird thing is it happens when we are not using water, lots of times first
thing in the morning when the pump is not in use. I have replaced the
pressure switch and tank, I have no leaks and no control box, plenty of water
in well any ideas?

Posted to misc.consumers.house

correct,

Bill wrote:
loosing suction..??

You mentioned, when not in use..

INTERMITENT WELL PUMP ISSUE FOR 3 YEARS
Every so often twice a month, I have to cut the power to the pump wait

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
water
in well any ideas?

Posted to misc.consumers.house

it is a 40 ft submersed pump ,

Bill wrote:
OK.

Is your pump above ground, or submersed?

correct,

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
water
in well any ideas?

Posted to misc.consumers.house

You have a leak somewhere.
Maybe the tank is wore out, or the foot at the pump is wore out.
Do you have PVC connections out in the elements?
The sun can destroy PVC in no time.

"timbo via HomeKB.com" u38222@uwe wrote in message
it is a 40 ft submersed pump ,

Bill wrote:
OK.

Is your pump above ground, or submersed?

correct,

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
water
in well any ideas?

Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Oct 13, 10:23 am, "timbo" u38222@uwe wrote:
INTERMITENT WELL PUMP ISSUE FOR 3 YEARS
Every so often twice a month, I have to cut the power to the pump wait 1-15
minutes to get well to start up again.It acts like a thermal condition. The
weird thing is it happens when we are not using water, lots of times first
thing in the morning when the pump is not in use. I have replaced the
pressure switch and tank, I have no leaks and no control box, plenty of water
in well any ideas?

Do you have a run-dry switch on the pump? I've had those, and
sometimes they trip and have to be manually reset by cycling power to
the pump. They should be set to automatically recycle after some time
(15 minutes to 24 hours) but sometimes they aren't.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Bill wrote:
OK.

Is your pump above ground, or submersed?

correct,

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
water
in well any ideas?

A leak would not produce those symptoms and he already replaced the
tank.

Harry K

Posted to misc.consumers.house

where would the run/dry switch be located? I have wires leaving the top of
the 6"' pvc above the pump going right to the pressure switches(new), my
plumbing is all located below ground in a well room in copper.

Andrew Duane wrote:
INTERMITENT WELL PUMP ISSUE FOR 3 YEARS
Every so often twice a month, I have to cut the power to the pump wait 1-15

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]