Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Power Vent Hot Water Heater

Hi all. I have a 7 year old Power Vent Hot water heater. It heats
water just fine, but my problem is that the blower keeps running. It
never shuts off. I never noticed this before & I'm just not sure if
it's a problem. Can anyone answer ?
- Should it run all the time?
- If not, what controls it?
- Have you ever seen this problem before?

Thanks in Advance!
Ron

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Its been a while since I've done a power vent and I can't exactly remember
the nuts and bolts of it, but no, it shouldn't run continuously. The water
heater aquastat should initiate the blower sequence. Once the blower starts
it closes a circuit on a pressure switch allowing the burner to start. Once
the aquastat is satisfied, the blower either shuts off or goes through a
timing cycle and then shuts off

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all. I have a 7 year old Power Vent Hot water heater. It heats
water just fine, but my problem is that the blower keeps running. It
never shuts off. I never noticed this before & I'm just not sure if
it's a problem. Can anyone answer ?
- Should it run all the time?
- If not, what controls it?
- Have you ever seen this problem before?

Thanks in Advance!
Ron

Posted to alt.home.repair
hvactech2

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 10:53:00 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

Hi all. I have a 7 year old Power Vent Hot water heater. It heats
water just fine, but my problem is that the blower keeps running. It
never shuts off. I never noticed this before & I'm just not sure if
it's a problem. Can anyone answer ?
- Should it run all the time?
- If not, what controls it?
- Have you ever seen this problem before?

Thanks in Advance!
Ron

It sounds like a relay has failed in the safe mode.

Mr. Meehan is wrong as usual. most power vented heaters don't even use
a relay. what brand is this and model number?
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail

Tankless water heaters Edward Grant Home Repair 11 September 13th 05 12:42 AM
Power Supply Repair fernando1222 Electronics Repair 0 June 7th 05 09:18 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
I need a little advice on running waterlines in an uninsulated crawlspace ozark Home Repair 12 January 29th 04 05:23 AM
Flushing / Cleaning Hot Water Heater Help Needed Cuse Home Repair 38 December 1st 03 02:01 AM