Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Maytag / Jenn-Air Recall Symptoms

Hi,

The day before we noticed the recall notice, our dishwashed stopped
working. A few tests on the cycles showed that water entered the
machine but wasn't being pumped/thrown around. A little work later -
after uninstalling the trim I noticed a lot of water under the
dishwashed.

I became evident that water was leaking out of the motor casing -
directly over the motor coil.

Is this behaviour consistent with the recall? Can someone describe
the behaviour beyond the brief explanation Maytag gives?

Their explanation says the rinse-aid can cause fire & property
damage. Is the property damage related to the water leaking - or the
fire - or both?

I phoned their frustrating-helpline & never got an answer - then found
their web-site http://repair.maytag.com - which says my model JDB11
isn't involved?

Help? Please?

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Hi! I don't know if yours is involved in the recall, but depending on how
old it is you can still have it repaired if it is under warrenty, or try
talking to the store where you bought it for an exchange. Good Luck! On a
brighter note, maybe the water leakage prevented a fire

Alan wrote:
Hi,

[quoted text clipped - 19 lines]

Help? Please?