Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Maytag / Jenn-Air Recall Symptoms

Hi,

The day before we noticed the recall notice, our dishwashed stopped
working. A few tests on the cycles showed that water entered the
machine but wasn't being pumped/thrown around. A little work later -
after uninstalling the trim I noticed a lot of water under the
dishwashed.

I became evident that water was leaking out of the motor casing -
directly over the motor coil.

Is this behaviour consistent with the recall? Can someone describe
the behaviour beyond the brief explanation Maytag gives?

Their explanation says the rinse-aid can cause fire & property
damage. Is the property damage related to the water leaking - or the
fire - or both?

I phoned their frustrating-helpline & never got an answer - then found
their web-site http://repair.maytag.com - which says my model JDB11
isn't involved?

Help? Please?